Chapter 32:

Shelly

"Baby brat I missed you." Nico said holding Kaidy.

I smiled watching them interact. Then my smile faded seeing the long scar down the side of his face from the car accident.

"Don't." Nico said.

"What?" I ask playing it off.

"You're blaming yourself again. Stop." He said.

"You could have died from that car accident." I said blinking away tears.

"But I'm here Shellz."

"It would have been my fault." I continued on ignoring him.

"Nichelle stop." He said wrapping his arm around my shoulder bringing me closer. "I get it. You love ya big brother, I love you too, and it's not ya fault."

I nodded wiping under my eyes. "You rarely call me by my real name." I said.

"Don't get use to it brat."

I laughed. "I really do love you tho."

"I know that." He said winking at me.

"Tell ya mommy we know, we know." He said talking to Kaidy as she stared up at him grinning.

"My niece look just like her uncle don't she?" I looked at him like he was crazy.

"No, that's my twin."

"Tell ya mom go on somewhere with her mad ass." He said holding Kaidy up towards me.

I kissed her as she giggled.

"So guess what?" He asks.

"What?" I ask fixing Kaidy's bow headband.

"So there's this girl I want you to meet."

"What!?" I exclaim. "Wait, hold the mothafuckin phone. Who, when, where, and why?"

"Calm ya ass down." He said chuckling. "She lives out the way with me. It was nothing major forreal, forreal at least I didn't think it was at first. Her name is Amber. It was suppose to be just sex, but we continued to get closer and closer that was like my best friend. That day of the accident I actually had texted her because I was gonna take her out that night, like on some dating shit."

"She looked at me like she seen a ghost when I appeared on her door step after all that time. She cried and cried saying how worried she was and how many times she called and texted me. It surprised me. I don't know why, but I didn't expect that. I expected her to just forget about a nigga." He stared off into space. "It took me forever to get her to calm down so we could talk. I mean she cried, over me."

I smiled. "She loves you."

He shrugs nonchalantly.

I gasped. "And you love her back."

"Ain't nobody say all that."

I flagged him off. "You're my brother, I know you."

"Whatever." He said mushing my head.

"I really wanna meet her tho." I said.

"You will." He said.

*

"Kaleb can you change her then pick those blankets up for me while I make your plate." I said handing him Kaidy.

He just got home from the shop. He had back to back appointments today that I barely even got to talk to him all day.

"Okay." He grumbled with his head back, eyes closed as Kaidy played with his chain.

"Kaleb seriously." I said kicking his leg.

"I said okay, damn Shell." He said opening his eyes.

I walked away rolling my eyes. I put a piece of steak and some pasta on his plate. Then putting the leftovers away as I waited for his food to heat up.

I sucked my teeth walking back into the living room to see Kaine still sitting there.

"You can't never do shit around this bitch." I said slamming the plate down on the table making his head jump up as he woke.

"Fuck is your problem?" He asks.

"You didn't do shit I asked." I snapped taking Kaidy.

"Yo I just got home give me a fuckin minute." He snapped back.

"I should have made ya lazy ass get ya own fuckin food." I said kicking his leg off the table then picked up the blankets.

"You ain't pregnant again are you?" He asks.

"Don't be a asshole." I said hitting him with the blanket before going upstairs to give Kaidy a bath.

*

"My baby cwean and ready for bed." I said kissing Kaidy's chubby cheeks. She smiled tiredly as I walked downstairs to make her bottle.

"Babe." Kaine called. "Can I get some more food?"

"Get it your fuckin self."

He chuckled. "Either you pregnant, need dick, or on ya period because you snapping on a nigga for no legit reason."

I glared at him.

*

After I got Kaidy to sleep I took a shower then climbed into bed where Kaine already laid watching tv.

"Bae hold me." I whined when I laid down and he didn't wrap his arms around me like usual.

"Nah, remember you was mad at me and shit." He said trying to push me away as I laid on top of him.

"I'm done now. I want a kiss." I said softly poking my lips out.

"Yo you crazy as fuck." He said laughing then kissing me. "What's up with the what's up?"

"I thought you was tired?"

"I mean you already on top, sooooo."

I laughed. "Period."

"Ah, so I was right?"

"Shut up. You wasn't even here to rub my stomach while I had cramps."

"Spoiled ass fuck. You a brat just like Nico say."

"Yall both get on my nerves." I said laying my head against his chest getting comfortable.

"So we gonna sleep like this?"

"Mhmm." I hummed.

"Whatever you want Shell." He said placing one arm over his eyes and the other at my lower back.