Captain America Civil War - Sokovia Accords

3rd Person POV (Nikita Maximoff)

= Avengers Compound, NY = 

"Five years ago, I had a heart attack and dropped right in the middle of my backswing." Secretary Ross tells the portion of the Avengers that were sitting in the meeting room. Wanda and Nikita sit across from each other, with Wanda next to Vision and Nikita between Rhodey and Natasha. "Turned out it was the best round of my life because after 13 hours of surgery and a triple bypass I found something 40 years in the Army had never taught me. Perspective." Nikita locks eyes with her sister, giving her a 'why are we listening to this' look in which Wanda returns with a small shrug before both girls turn their attention back to Ross. "The world owes the Avengers an unpayable debt. You have fought for us, protected us, risked your lives... but while a great many people see you as heroes there are some who would prefer the word vigilantes."

"What word would you use, Mr Secretary?" Natasha asks from her seat behind Nikita

"How about dangerous?" Ross suggests. "What would you call a group of US-based, enhanced individuals who routinely ignore sovereign borders and inflict their will wherever they choose and who, frankly, seem unconcerned about what they leave behind?" Ross starts playing videos. "New York." He narrates as destruction is shown. "Washington, D.C. Sokovia. Lagos."

Steve notices the change in Wanda while Natasha's eyes were trained on the shift in her trainee's position in the chair in front of her as Nikita looks down

"Okay. That's enough." Steve says to which Ross turns the videos off

"For the past four years, you've operated with unlimited power and no supervision." Ross says. "That's an arrangement the governments of the world can no longer tolerate. But I think we have a solution." He slides a large book to Wanda. "The Sokovia Accords. Approved by 117 countries it states that the Avengers shall no longer be a private organization." Wanda looks at Rhodey who motions for her to give it to him, which she does. "Instead, they'll operate under the supervision of a United Nations panel only when and if that panel deems it necessary."

"The Avengers were formed to make the world a safer place." Steve speaks up. "I feel we've done that."

"Tell me, Captain, do you know where Thor and Banner are right now?" Ross asks. Silence. "If I misplaced a couple of 30 megaton nukes... you can bet there'd be consequences." He says, walking around the group. "Compromise. Reassurance. That's how the world works. Believe me, this is the middle ground."

"So, there are contingencies." Rhodey says

"Three days from now, the UN meets in Vienna to ratify the Accords." Ross says. Steve turns to look at Stark. "Talk it over."

"And if we come to a decision you don't like?" Natasha asks

"Then you retire." Ross tells her

***

The group is in the common room. Sam and Rhodey are arguing. Steve is reading through the accords. Stark sits in a chair, holding his head. Natasha sits across from him. Wanda and Nikita sit together on the couch with connected hands and Vision stands next to Wanda

"Secretary Ross has a Congressional Medal of Honour which is one more than you have." Rhodey tells Sam, continuing their argument

"So let's say we agree to this thing." Sam says. "How long is it gonna be before they LoJack us like a bunch of common criminals?"

"117 countries want to sign this." Rhodey says. "117, Sam, and you're just like, 'No, that's cool. We got it.'"

"How long are you going to play both sides?" Sam retorts