15

•Going For A Swim•Word count 1732

•Going For A Swim•
Word count 1732

"Just calm your brain...... focus on the silence." The headmistress whispered softly to Adelina and Stella. Adelina took a deep breath as she looked around the big office nervously. Stella gave her an unsure smile as she also took a deep breath. "Close your eyes so your mind can be cleared." The headmistress tells them softly. Adelina closed her eyes as she attempted to think of nothing. It was hard thing for her. There seemed to always be something on her mind. Like boys or school. Adelina forced herself to think of absolutely nothing and she was shocked when it worked for a split moment. "Come on! How was I supposed to know the smoke would set off the fire alarms!" Riven yelled angrily as he burst into the room. Adelinas silence was quickly stolen as she opened her eyes. Her eyes landed on the boy being practically dragged into the office by one of the teachers. "Mrs. Shrubbery can't you tell I'm working with students right now?" The headmistress asked the teacher sharply.

"Yes and I'm sorry but you told me to figure out why the fire alarm went off earlier and I found this young man smoking directly underneath one of the alarms." The teacher explained to her as she pointed to Riven. "Thanks for telling me... I'll make sure to talk to him..... you can leave now." The headmistress reassures the teacher. She quickly leaves causing Riven to look over at Adelina. She looked a little angry at him for being there. Riven gave her a playful wave causing her to roll her eyes at him. "What's going on in here?" Riven asks the headmistress playfully as he walks over to her desk. He makes sure to stand unnecessarily close to Adelina. Adelina felt her heart quicken due to Riven being so close to her. His arm brushed against her arm sending chills through her body. "You interrupted a private training session with your useless shenanigans. Now please step into the other room so I can discuss your punishment." The headmistress tells him sharply.

Rivens sighs as he follows the headmistress into the other room. He winks at Adelina causing her face to get red. "Wait are you two like getting extra help cause you both can't control your magic? Awww.....you guys are best friends cause you both lose control of your powers." Riven tells Adelina and Stella sarcastically. Adelina lunges towards him but Stella holds her back. "I'm going to kill you!" Adelina screams as she struggles against Stellas grip. "You can't kill me.... you can't even light a match." Riven teases her. Riven laughs as he closes the door to the office. "He's such an asshole." Adelina huffs as she stops fighting Stella. Adelinas mind then flashed to the night before when Riven showed her a glimpse of the soft side of him. She liked that side of Riven and she couldn't help but also like when he teased her. She hated that she was her feelings for him were only getting worse and worse. "Dang it.....dang it......." Adelina mumbled to herself.

"Can I ask why you just did that?" Stella asks her curiously. "I think I like Riven." Adelina admits softly. "What? No! What drew you to that conclusion?" Stella asks her sarcastically. Adelina sighs as she slumps down into her chair. The sound of the door opening caused the two girls to look up at Riven. "I'll see you in detention." The headmistress tells Riven sharply. Riven shrugs off her comment before sending Adelina a wink and walking out the door. Adelina pretended like Riven didn't affect her but in reality he made her heart hurt. Adelina couldn't focus the rest of her training because her mind was on Riven.