Chapter 25: New Recruit

New Recruit

~~~

It has been a couple months since Steve, Natasha, and I ended the Hydra infantry in S.H.I.E.L.D. Since all information about Hydra and S.H.I.E.L.D. was released to the world, Natasha and I took a break from working after a few months, I know, shocker. We had a private house in Greece, then we stayed in Canada, but now we are in Spain.

My body has recovered from the fight Steve and I had against Bucky. However, my healing abilities are still slowly recovering due to how much of the liquid was injected into my body. There are times when I do have nightmares of Rumlow injecting me with the red liquid, but Natasha has been there for me every step of the way and I've done the same for her.

"This is nice," Natasha says as we walk on the beach hand in hand.

"Walking on the beach?" I ask her with a smile and she looks at me.

"Of course," Natasha says as a smile appears on her face, "but also being with you. This past month of traveling is something I didn't know I needed. Especially with you."

My smile grows as I release her hand and wrap my arm around her. Natasha leans into my embrace as we continue walking. I place a gentle kiss on her forehead as we reach the house. "You want to go in the pool?" I ask.

"Yes!" Natasha says and I chuckle as she rushes to change.

I go to follow her, but stope when my phone starts ringing. I pull out and look at the contact before answering. "Hey, Maria. What's up?" I ask as I lean against the counter.

"I need you to go to France," she says making me furrow my eyebrows.

"What? Why?" I ask her.

"Tony needs you to look into a potential recruit that he needs you to bring in," she tells me and my computer dings.

I walk over to it and sit at the table and log on. "His name is Lyon Lebedev," Maria tells me as I open the virtual folder.

"He's with my Aunt?" I ask her as I see my Aunt Lidia's name appear on the screen.

"We believe he is. We need you to go to her house and convince Lyon to come back with you to New York," Maria says and I sigh as I lean back in the chair.

Natasha then walks out of the room in her bikini and I smile. "What about Natasha?" I ask and Natasha looks at me confused.

"She needs to come back to New York. We cannot have her involved until Lyon joins," Maria tells me.

"What does he have?" I ask as Natasha sits on my lap.

"We have sources that Tony and I looked into that was released from S.H.I.E.L.D. saying that he is immortal. Howard Stark was with Lyon when he used the serum on Steve. There are other files from the 1940s stating that Lyon was part of the military. We believe that he was born in the late 1800s, but it could be earlier. Lyon is also very strong, the same strength as you."