The Yellow Years

-

Karl was home.

-

Exactly one year. It was exactly one year since the attempt. The couple woke up with each other nearly every day since, making a home with each other. The year that had passed was filled his pure bliss. 

That morning Karl was woken by soft lips kissing gently along his jaw. He giggled at the feeling and smiled sleepily as he opened his eyes. The graceful image of Nick's glowing face greeted him, as it did every day. His silky brown hair draped softly over their shared pillow, and his deep brown eyes danced as the bright light hit them

"Hey, pretty boy," he cooed with the usual sleepy voice. Karl grinned and gave the boy a quick peck before pulling himself up from the pillow.

"Morning love," His soft voice wasn't nearly as rough as Nick's but the sound was still magical to the stronger boy. Karl stretched his arms tightly but shivered at the cold that brushed against his bare skin. Nick admired every inch of his body and the way his muscles moved delicately under his skin. Every blemish and freckle, every mark and scar was perfect. Even the light ones that lasted from the year before. Seeing the pale spots on Karl's bicep as he stretched, he suddenly remembered the day.

"Are you ready for today Karl?" They had a bit of an event planned for a stream. Even though it was still an uncomfortable topic, Karl did his best to be an advocate for people who were struggling. Convincing people to reach out to each other, setting up charity funds, and providing resources was just a small part of what he did. He gave a confident nod and ran a hand through Nick's hair when he propped himself up on an elbow.

"Of course I am. And if I'm not, I have you," He traced his finger down the boy's jaw and pulled his chin in for another sweet kiss. They shared the passion for a moment before Karl stepped out of the bed and walked over their shared wardrobe. The apartment they had gotten together was small, but it was perfect for the two of them. They had an office and a bedroom that they shared, and they spent the majority of their time together. The two couldn't get enough of each other.

There was a small shared kitchen and living room outside their door, which Karl made his way to after slipping on a white hoodie. They had a double coffee maker, which they got from a PO box gift after announcing their relationship. Nick thought it was silly, but it made Karl feel so special. He put it a couple of pods and a bit of water, placing two black mugs beneath it. He watched as the steaming black liquid filled the cups, and he felt Nick's warm arms wrap around his waist and pulling him back.

"Niiiiiick," Karl said, drawing out the word as Nick rubbed the scruff on his chin against the smaller boy's neck. He let go slowly and walked to the fridge to get the two of them breakfast. 

"What? Am I not allowed to love my pretty boy?" He asked with a grin that was returned with a giggle. Nick grabbed two fruit cups that were layered with granola, fresh fruit, and yogurt. They brought the steaming mugs and the cold cups over to the couch and sat at the coffee table while they caught up on their friends' videos. 

"I've got the stream today, do you think you can stay close? I-I'm a bit nervous," Karl asked when the video had finished. Nick nodded and took another sip of his coffee. 

"Of course love! You're gonna do great today," He reassured as he pecked Karl's cheek.

-

"NIICK?" Karl shouted, and Nick came sprinting into the bedroom where he heard his name. 

"Yeah? Are you okay?" Nick was worried something had happened, or Karl was hurt, but he just saw Karl standing shirtless in black basketball shorts fishing through the drawers. He looked up with an overly sad expression and whimpered.

"I don't know what to wear," He said in a childish voice, drawing out the words. Nick giggled and walked over to where he was standing. He reached into the messy drawers while Karl watched with pouting eyes, and pulled out a short sleeve black and yellow verticle striped button-up and black skinny jeans. The material was light and partially see-through, but Karl slipped it over his shoulders anyway. When he tucked it into the jeans the lines framed his body perfectly. Nick was completely mesmerized and pulled Karl in for a deep kiss when he finished dressing. They held each other close as Nick aggressively pushed his lips against the others, soft hot breath escaping from their mouths. Karl giggled against his lips, the vibrations tickling his cheeks.

"Niiick, not right now! I have to go to my stream!" He excused when he pulled away. Nick did a fake pout but laughed when Karl kissed his forehead and started to head out of the room.

"Wait! Don't forget the rings!" Karl laughed and hurried back into the room, quickly grabbing a few rings and bracelets to accessorize, and quickly left again. 

-

He took a seat in the familiar chair. The black mesh held his back comfortably, and the glow of the monitors shone onto his face as his offline screen started him in the face. He looked over the notes for his stream again, trying to drill it into his head. 

Okay. Talk about the anniversary, answer some questions, leave some resources like usual, and try and share as much as you can.

He read in his head. He wanted to be transparent with what happened to him, to be a source of motivation for his community and supporters. Taking a deep breath to calm his nerves, his mouse hovered over the Go Live button. Pausing for a moment, the click of the mouse echoed through the office.

Karl Jacobs has gone live! Click here to join the stream!

Fin

-

Edited

1011 Words