Chapter 9

"Wh-what...? What do you... mean by that?"

"The meaning says it all. I can't begin to comprehend how beautiful you look in my eyes, it's mind-boggling."

"D-do you mean that?"

"Of course. I'm not joking."

Sucrose stayed silent, not knowing what to say. Albedo moved closer, gently grabbing her wrists and lacing his fingers with Sucrose. She gasped upon seeing their hands intertwined. But moreover, the feeling of his fingers locked with hers. She looked up to see his cheeks and the tip of his ears glowing red.

"You are beautiful. No matter what anyone says, no matter whose opinion tries to sway me, that won't change my mind about how gorgeous you look."
Albedo said, complimenting her.

"Th-thank you..."
Sucrose mumbled, averting her gaze from his eyes.

Albedo chuckled, twitching his fingers to signal Sucrose that it was time to leave.

"Let's go."
He said.

"Go where?"

"To Starsnatch Cliff. We're already together so might as well go there."
He replied, proceeding to drag Sucrose away.

"Wait!"

Suddenly, he stopped and looked at Sucrose.

"Can we drop by my office first? I just want to write down my observation on today's experiment."

"Okay, okay. But don't take too long."
He chuckled between his sentences.

Sucrose and Albedo then walked to the headquarters and went to Sucrose's office. Albedo closed the door behind Sucrose.

"Wow, the place is so tidy. Did you do this while I was at the cathedral?"

Albedo nodded.

"I see... Thank you for then."

Sucrose grabbed her notebook and pen and sat down, and so did Albedo. She then wrote down her observations. Albedo looked at his watch again and it was 3:05 pm. A moment of silence occurred. Albedo then stood up from the couch and looked around Sucrose's office to observe her items on the shelf. Sucrose wanted to question Albedo about what he did earlier at the cathedral.

"Mr. Albedo,"

"Hm?"

"Why did you decide to hold my hand in front of the cathedral?"

Albedo went silent for a few seconds until he came up with an answer.
"You're gonna have to get used to me doing that often."

"I'm guessing that isn't the real answer?"

"How do you know me so well?"

"Because I'm your assistant?"
Sucrose chuckled.

"Heh, point taken."

Albedo walked closer to Sucrose sitting on the couch, Albedo touched Sucrose's cheeks and kissed her forehead. Sucrose had nothing to say, so she just kept on writing, though her hands were shaking from how flustered she was. How bold of him.

"Have I made you blush a lot today, perhaps?"

"Wh-what!? N-no, of course not!"
Sucrose exclaimed as she covered her face with her notebook.

Albedo chuckled. He then pulled out his watch and noticed that it was already 3:26 pm.

"Hey, Sucrose?"

Sucrose slowly removes the notebook in front of her face.
"Y-yes?"

"It's nearly 3:30. Wanna go now?"