Treasures

Welcome back to Shine Graphics Contest! We present you the Treasures of the second Contest of this book.

A big thank you to BookLoverVenue for judging the contest and providing us with the reviews.

1st place: cookieneon

Review:

Adherence to the prompt: 10pts
Colour Combination: 8pts
Imagery: 10pts
Placement: 9.5pts
Balance and contrast: 10pts
Creativity:10pts
Quality:9pts
Admirablity: 9pts
Overall: 75.5 /80

Review: I loved how you used the Potion bottle to signify the fantasy effect and the pink-purple hue combo to denote the Romance vibes. The Typography was amazingly placed and conducted. Every part of the graphics was readable and could be perceived perfectly. However maybe you could have made your name more prominent, it's almost not visible. There was no part where I felt it could have been better. The simple font (with the Bevel) you used only magnified the effect. The border was related to the text and not to the star image. In this case it worked perfectly and I loved how you carried it out. The only part of the graphics where I felt it could be better was that the lighting was a bit weird. The potion bottle is too much lighted up than the surrounding. I thing you could have used smudge tool in there to remove the texture as well since its background already has a texture and too much texture spoils the effects. Nonetheless, the cover was amazing!

2nd place: RK_EDITS

Review:

Adherence to the prompt: 10pts
Colour Combination: 9pts
Imagery: 10pts
Placement: 9pts
Balance and contrast: 10pts
Creativity:9pts
Quality:9pts
Admirablity: 9pts
Overall: 75 /80

Review: I loved the curved line art in the background mainly because it's a sign of hypnotize which is exactly what the potion is doing to the girl. You didn't quite amplify any of the genre — Fantasy or Romance. However, there are references like the heart sign for romance and the line art are giving it a mystery-fantasy effect. I loved the use of the negetive space in the cover and its quite captivating as well. For the typography, I am not much fan of the placement, to be honest. It could agree been better. For the fonts, I think, you didn't need three different fonts to label the cover, just one or two would have done. I liked how all the texts on the cover are visible clearly and can be read in a single glance. For the focus item, that's clever to use the potion bottle since the conflict in the story arises form the theme of trying to make a girl fall in love with a potion. The cover was altogether very nicely conducted.

3rd place: mimi_weasley

Review:

Adherence to the prompt: 10pts
Colour Combination: 9pts
Imagery: 8pts
Placement: 9pts
Balance and contrast: 9pts
Creativity:9pts
Quality:9pts
Admirablity: 9pts
Overall:  72/80

Review: I loved the smudge art you did on the girl and the effect to make her look divinely already making the cover have a fantasy vibe. I loved how you placed the drinking glass down below and didn't distract from your star image. The font was, too, of Fantasy genre and the glowing effect was cool,  I gotta say. However, I feel you could have put more distance in individual words. The subtitle was too much pushed over to the border of the cover as well. As for the glowing effect around the girl and the glass, I am not quite fond of it. It could've been more subtle because it's clearly sticking out a lot which is diverting the viewer's eyes. All in all, it was a nice cover and gave both the dark romance and Fantasy vibes so clearly. I loved how you pulled out that one condition we gave.

________________________________________

We will be pm-ing the winners their sticker prize and the other prizes will be fulfilled within two days.
Participants, if you want the review on your cover, pm the community and we will provide you with it in two days.

Next contest is already up, so dive in–

Regards,
The Peerless Community.