Chapter 17

You were late to react when Douma's body crashed into yours. "Sorry (Y/N)-chan~ Eh? (Y/N)-chan?" Douma asked as he looked you over. Your eyes were spinning from the impact. You quickly recovered and noticed the position you two were in.

Douma's hands were on either side of your head and your legs were in between his. 'T-too close!' you thought as you blushed heavily. "Eh? (Y/N)-chan? Are you sick?" Douma asked as he gave you a worried look. "I-I'm fine!" you replied.

You saw the arrow demon landed on the ground with ease. "Now then, why don't you four die at once?" Susamaru yelled as she threw two temaris, each of them heading towards you and Tanjiro. Douma quickly grabbed you and rolled the two of you to the sides. "You okay, (Y/N)-chan?" Douma asked as he helped you up while you nodded in response. "Hey, Demon Hunter!" you heard Yushiro called towards you as you and Douma turned towards him.

"You and him get rid of the arrow man first! We'll take on the temari woman with your friend and his sister!" Yushiro instructed. "Understood!" You replied. "You don't have to come with me. I can handle the arrow demon." you told Douma.

"Eh?? Did you forget what you said back then? Let's see, 'we'll always be together, right? No matter what happens, we have each others backs.' You were the one who said that, (Y/N)-chan. Do you remember what I said back then?" Douma asked as he looked at you with his hands on his hips.

"Erm. 'Always', that's what you said." you exclaimed. "Right! I'm not letting you fight this demon alone! I can also do some of your ice breathing forms so that I can assist you in battles. I'm joining you and that's final." Douma said as he looked at you with determination on his face. You let out a smile and nodded. "Alright. Don't push yourself too much." you exclaimed and Douma nodded.

You and Douma looked at the arrow demon while Tanjiro and Nezuko were behind you two, facing the temari demon. "Be careful, you two." you whispered towards Tanjiro. "We're counting on you and Douma-san." Tanjiro replied. And with that, the four of you dashed towards the demons you'll be fighting.

You dashed towards Yahaba and saw the snowflake symbol on his neck. 'The mark!' you thought and brought your sword down. "What a grimy little urchin you are. You stay away from me!" Yahaba exclaimed as you saw the eye on his hand closed. The mark disappeared, making your eyes widened.

'It disappeared?' you thought as you felt yourself get pulled backwards and missed the attack. You were suddenly raised in the air and was pulled hard towards a tree. You gritted your teeth in pain when your back hit the tree. You were then trashed around the area like a ragdoll as pain enveloped your body. 'It hurts so much!' you thought as you cried out in pain.

You yelped as you were still thrown around, higher than the house this time. You saw the arrow disappeared from your body as you saw yourself falling to the ground at high speed. You closed your eyes and awaited the impact but found none.

"Ara ara~ you sure fall for me a lot, (Y/N)-chan~" Douma exclaimed as you found yourself in Douma's arms. "I'm flattered and all but I disliked how he just threw you around like that." Douma added as he glared at the arrow demon. Yahaba noticed the kanji on Douma's eyes. "You're the supposed to be Upper Moon Two. Why are you protecting that human?" Yahaba asked then turned towards Susamaru.

"Oi! Susamaru! I found the Upper Moon that Master was talking about! And that one over there is Tamayo the fugitive! If we capture them, no doubt Master will give us a large portion of his blood." Yahaba exclaimed. "Is that right? Then will six heads be enough to take home?" Susamaru asked. You held your blade and got in position while Douma took out his fans. "No. We're taking four. The demon hunters, the fugitive, and the upper moon. We have no use for the others." Yahaba said.