twenty

20. The Last Day

"Tonight is a full moon, we should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse" Elijah informed, Elena, Aria, Stefan and Damon.

"Aria told me that the sun and moon curse is fake" Damon said, "It's really a curse placed on Klaus?".

"Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline" Elijah replied, "The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting, but if he breaks it, he'll be a true hybrid".

"Since Aria tells you everything, I'm going to assume she also told you that she was the one who told Klaus how to break the curse?" Elena snapped, making Aria roll her eyes, she was getting really annoyed with Elena's crap.

"For a matter of face Elena, she did" Damon snapped back, just like Aria, Damon was on his last leg with the doppelganger.

"If we know how dangerous Klaus will become after breaking the curse, then why are we letting him break the curse?" Stefan asked, interrupting the argument between the trio, "We can kill him today, with Bonnie".

"No one's killing anyone Stefan" Damon snapped.

"Have you lost it Stefan?" Aria asked, looking at Stefan in shock, the Stefan she knew would never sacrifice anyone's life, "You know if Bonnie uses that much power, she will die".

"Aria's right Stefan" Elena said, "It's not an option".

"How does this curse break anyways?" Damon asked curiously.

"Well the ritual itself is straightforward" Elijah said, "The ingredients, so to speak, you already know".

"The moonstone" Stefan said.

"A witch will channel the power of the full moon, to release the spell that's bound within the stone, after that, Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire will sacrifice one of each" Elijah explained.

"And where do me and Aria fit into it?" Elena asked.

"Throughout the whole ritual, the witch doing the spell, needs to be channeling a Connor witch" Elijah said, "And you Elena, are the final part of the ritual, Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelganger, to the point of your death".

Elena looked at Elijah, fear shown clearly on her face, Stefan quickly grabbed her hand in a reassuring manner.

Damon and Aria looked at each other, though both of them knew Aria wasn't going to die in the ritual, there was a slight fear in both their hearts of losing each other.

"Did you bring it?" Damon asked Elijah.

Elijah nodded, he opened a wooden box and pulled out two elixirs, he picked one of the bottles and handed it to Damon, "This is the elixir Kol made for Ariana, she needs to drink this right before the ritual".

"Your hundred percent certain this would work, right?" Damon asked, really not wanting to risk Aria's life on a maybe.

"If there was even the slightest doubt that Ariana wouldn't survive this, Klaus himself wouldn't use her" Elijah said, "Rest assure Damon, Aria would be dead, then this elixir would bring her back".