7.06

Season 7, episode 9

Season 7, episode 9

As Helena's alarm woke her up, her hand automatically swung to shut it off, her eyes still closed. Letting her eyes flutter open to her right side, she sighed as she saw Mark's half of the bed empty. Swinging her legs out of the bed, she glanced at her alarm clock as she put on her robe.

6.00 pm

She yawned as she entered her bathroom, grabbing her toothbrush with a groan. She hated the night shift. And she hated it even more when it meant she wouldn't be with Mark for over twenty four hours.

——

As Helena and the rest of the interns got to the hospital lobby, the short girl smiled at the sight of a group of attendings, her husband included. Happily moving over to him, she pressed a kiss to his lips, the man smiling into it.

"Did you just yawn?" The man's eyes focused on April once they pulled away. "Was that a yawn?"

At his serious and dramatic tone, Helena rolled her eyes, as Teddy spoke, disbelief in her voice. "Don't tell us you're tired after getting to sleep all day."

"It's not as easy as it sounds..." April complained, looking down.

"Not easy? Not- what I was a resident, I actually worked for a living, I did every other night call for five years." Bailey told them, making Helena and Lexie share an amused look.

"There were days I didn't even go home for seventy two hours. I love it." Stark added from behind Bailey, scratching his brow.

"As you trudged through the snow, while you whittled yourself own scalpels." Alex mumbled, making Helena let out a choked laugh, her hand over her mouth.

As Mark, who had his arm over her shoulders, looked down at her with an offended look, the girl simply gave him her best dimpled, innocent smile.

"Sorry, I didn't quite catch that, Karev." Stark reprimanded.

"Uh, Karev, Campos, I need you to follow up on my post ops." Bailey told them, handing them some paperwork. "Here, take this research, divide out all the fistula cases."

"Avery and Little Grey, Hunt is waiting for you in the pit." Teddy told them, leaving behind Bailey.

"Try not to screw up our patients." Callie joked. "Goodnight and good luck."

As Helena rose up to her tiptoes, to press another kiss to her husband's lips, he explained. "We're going to Joe's to celebrate that Derek got the Alzheimer's grant."