Chapter 1 - The Game Of Truth And Lies

As I entered the class, I was surprised to find the atmosphere quite tense. It seems something had happened while I was at home. Well, I was about twenty minutes late so I can't actually complain.

That's why the moment I entered the class every eyes turned towards me. I shrugged and went over to my seat. I wasn't getting involved. When I sat on my desk, that's when I noticed Horikita was not on her seat. She was standing in front of matsushita. They were having some kind of dialogue.

The red rash on matsushita's face told me what exactly had happened between her and kushida. I still wondered why she went as far as to slap her. It was pure idiocy. If matsushita wants she can tell everyone that kushida is the one who slapped her. That's another thing that no one would actually believe that a kind person like kushida is able to do things like this. But still that was a stupid move on her part.

Kushida is still a dangerous opponent. She guessed my identity last exam after all.

The day the sports festival was announced I made contact with her and sent her an email. Of course, I sent her an anonymous one. She didn't reply but she did read. The message was actually a threat. I had written that I was going to expose her this exam. Well, it was a lie as I had no intention of exposing her.

But the threat did do its job, to attract her attention. The next email I sent was the day Matsushita contacted me and told me about her double agent plan. That's when I decided to take a step ahead, why do you hate Horikita?

She didn't reply to this email too. So, I tried to enter a negotiation with her, but that wasn't easy as she was not replying to my chats at all. That's why I used my final chance of negotiating with her and while the three-legged race confronted her.

After the race just before I faced Horikita Manabu I decided to reveal her the contents of matsushita's plan. She had no choice but to help me as she too was involved in the Ryūen fiasco. If I was exposed by matsushita I could easily reveal kushida's every secret. So, she had no choice but to protect her and my own identity.

But now that the negotiations are off, we are neither allies nor friends. The most accurate term would be enemies. Now that there is no record of my confrontation with Ryūen. In short technically in the eyes of everyone, I never made contact with Ryūen. So that automatically rules away the possibility of kushida being involved with Ryūen hence no one can prove tat she betrayed the class.

The last exam has ended with the defeat of Class D. It was inevitable considering Sudou and me were the only people with acknowledgeable performances.

The current class standings were,

1-A    3rd 874

1-B    1st 753

1-C   2nd 542

1-D    4th 262

Class D also lost some extra points due to not competing few races which rubbed salt to the already miserable wound. In short the condition of Class D was quite miserable.

But this was also the perfect chance. For Horikita to take over the class from matsushita.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Third Person POV

Horikita looked down at matsushita who was also staring at her.