CHAPTER 22

'All's well that ends well' they say and it was right.

It kinda did end well in any case. 

Though I still had to live out being grounded for two weeks. 

It was the longest two weeks of my life. It got so boring I started talking to the wall.

The good news is that I wasn't the only one who was grounded. 

Adam got sent to his family's territory for some good old stability training. He's gonna have to start from scratch whether he likes it or not. 

The real masterminds of the ordeal, my cousins had their library privileges cut off for a week. Not that it made much of a difference. They just went to the public library. I swear my Uncle sucks at choosing punishments.

Bryan has started to spend a lot of quality time with his parents. He has become more expressive than before. It was like the fear had brought his soul back from the dead. Viscountess Hathway was so pleased that she sent thank you letters and gifts to me.

My reaction to that was ' Thank you? For what? For scaring the shit outta her son?'

At least that put ease to mom's worries about her friends. 

And.......... 

Addy and I are besties now. We hit it off right away. I was on the bullseye when I said she was a bro-con. 

With everything that went down, there was no way there would be any marriage talk between me and Adam in the foreseeable future. Since the boy trembles in fear even at the slightest mention of my name. 

Addy was just worried that I would take all her brother's attention. We've been exchanging letters for a while and she has started to warm up to me. She's in the capital now but she'll be visiting me soon when the social season comes to an end. 

She hates it when I call her 'Addy'. So I'm just gonna keep doing it. Hehe.

It has been three weeks now since I've come to the Finnel mountain in our territory to train with my grandmother. The mountain packed with wild animals and different species of birds. Large sturdy trees everywhere except for the grasslands at the top. We are in a cabin at the top of the mountain. Just the two of us. It was a normal cabin. Not like the ones in movies filled with monsters.

In the morning we do some warm-up exercises. After that, we have breakfast and go hiking. It was more like survival studies. Studying different types of plants and species of animals was exciting since none of them existed in Korea.

I mean where else can you find flying pigs? That's right they exist here. I was surprised at first too. They are very good at dodging. But I can catch them now with minimal effort. The easiest way to catch them is by launching a surprise attack. 

Flying pigs make up most of our dinner menu. I tried my best to learn cooking but I realized I'm not cut out for it. So my job ends after catching the food. 

RIP flying pigs.

We start training after lunch which makes up for most of the day. Then comes the etiquette studies.

God I hate those tea cup holding lessons! 

After dinner, we spar a little and talk about miscellaneous stuff. 

Sometimes we just sit out moon gazing and I fall asleep to my grandmothers' lullabies. She has a beautiful voice. It's different from when mom sings but it has a weirdly calming effect on me.

*thud*

It was the fifth time today I got knocked off by her.

"Is that all you've got Angelica?" Grandma said looking at me in the eyes

"You still have a long way to go before you could defeat me"

Grandma swirled her sword in the air in a captivating way. 

Ahhh! She is so cool!

I crawled my way up trying to talk in between panting. I wiped the sweat on my face on my shoulder. 

I stood holding the wooden sword in my hands as I looked at her full of determination.

"Let's go again"