chapter thirty seven

j u n g k o o k

"It's been more than a month," Jimin says, banging the papers against my desk. "You've been putting all the work on me instead of doing it by yourself."

"It's your fault to leave and come back whenever you feel like it," I muttered, tapping on the keyboard with force.

And yeah, it's been already more than a month since Y/n and I were together. But honestly, it felt like months. I felt connected with her, like she belonged to me. We stayed still, I didn't dare to take a move on her since I knew she was not ready for it.

I'm patient, for her at least. I'm not desperate, just waiting to go slow and nice. A good relationship starts with trust.

"Jungkook, get yourself a new secretary. You fired me ages ago."

"Still."

He laughs, putting for of his hands on his hips. "I mean, I have a girlfriend too, you know?"

"You always stick with her instead of doing your work. You left me alone with all your overflowing shit. This is a payback."

"Okay, understandable," He paused, clicking his tongue. He clapped his hands together like he has some kind of idea that popped in his small brain. "Your girlfriend."

I glanced at him before continuing my work. His hands went on contact with my face, turning it towards him. Too shocked to even say something or do something, he starts talking.

"She can be your secretary," He declared with a huge smile, his eyes sparkled to the thought of it.

Staring at him, the idea wasn't bad at all. She can work here with me, I can see her every day without getting bored. The thing is, she would be the one of the few woman here. It would be awkward.

She also said it to me that she was getting bored. The same thing over and over again. Taking care of Jisung was too easy since all he does was to study and go to school and come back to eat.

"I'll ask," I said, pushing his hands slowly to the side. His smile grew wider when I said that. He takes his time to stretch his body before leaving my room.

I took my phone out, scrolling down my contacts to call Y/n. The idea was actually great, I couldn't deny it.

The ring went and then she responds with the long silence passing by. How do I even start?

"Did you eat?" I asked, not even thinking about saying hi.

She laughs, "I ate lasagna, all alone."

"Where were the others?"

"They were cleaning the house and now I don't know what they're doing. What are you doing? You don't call at this hour."

"Can't I call you whenever?" The silence went over again, I felt her nodding with a smile. "Actually, I wanted to ask you something."

"Go ahead," She states as I hear some plate crashing together in the sink with the water turning on.

"Are you interested in being my secretary?" I closed my eyes, turning all nervous in a pace of two seconds. All I could hear was her breathing and her humming. "Jimin wants to leave and he suggested to replace his job. And of course, I won't force you."

"I'll do it, when do I start?" I smiled, opening my agenda on my computer. My schedule is fully packed with meetings. I really wanted to be the one doing the tour of the building but I can't, someone else has to do it.

"Tomorrow, if you don't mind."

"Tomorrow, it is! But the thing is, Kook," She starts with her uncertain tone of voice. "Never mind, I'll see you soon, bye!"

"Bye..."

I didn't like that tone of voice, I didn't like the hesitation that she had whenever she wants to ask something. I couldn't do anything, that's her nature. Surely, I won't force her to spit the truth out.

Unless, if I had too.

Fuck, was I still untrustworthy? Awkward? Not understanding? I tried my best to tell her that she could tell me anything, literally anything.

The door opened, revealing Jimin with the most happiest and cockiest smile. He already has his boxes piled up and his table cleaned up.

"Thank you for this experience, I'll see you in a few hours."

"Yeah yeah, just get out."