Part 4

Working as a secret agent for so long had taught you many things. The most important of them all was to always expect the unexpected. You had lived so many extraordinary scenarios that nothing could surprise you at that point. Or at least that was what you thought. But being betrayed by your colleague whom you trusted and relied on was something you couldn't believe even if you tried to. Even the thought that this man was going to turn you in at the Russian police made your stomach ache and gave you the feeling of throwing up.

"How could he do this to me after everything we've been through?" you whispered to yourself while getting ready. You looked at the clothes Hans had given you. A pair of women's trousers and light blue shirt that must belonged to him. They were for sure more comfortable and attracted less attention than the sparkling evening gown you wore at the ball. You looked yourself in the mirror. Your hair was a mess and your eye makeup was smudged; you looked like a sad and tired raccoon. "At least I didn't spent the night in a Russian police station" you murmured and went to the bathroom to make yourself a look a little more human like.

Hans had gone downtown earlier in the morning with the other guys from the group to rearrange the escape plan. Apparently a helicopter was too noisy and too obvious so he had to find another mean of transport. You didn't know the exact plan of his and you still weren't sure if you should trust him but he was your only option and as a well trained spy you knew you had to do whatever it took to survive. From leaving the grand palace of Moscow on a helicopter along with some thieves to getting away with them and their stolen jewelry you were willing to do anything to get out of the country safe; even if that meant to cooperate with Hans Gruber.

But it would be a lie if you said that you didn't enjoy that even a little bit. Just a few hours ago you had hooked up again with one of the most attractive men you had ever met and it was even better than you remembered.

"And then he told me he wanted me to come with him." But did he really mean it though?

You sighed. You were trained to tell if someone was lying or not but this time you were so confused by your own feelings. When he made that confession yesterday you were walking on air from the happiness that you couldnt think clearly. And happiness was a poor word to describe it. Maybe euphoria fit better.

"What's wrong with me?" you snapped while getting up, "he's dangerous and cold and egocentric and I can't stop wanting him!" you started walking up and down on the small hotel room making a really hard effort to collect your thoughts. You needed to get out of the country as soon as possible that was for sure. And then? What about then? You couldn't get back and keep working as an agent, not after cooperating with criminals. Your head felt as if it was about to explode from the overthinking. So many things had happened in just a few hours that it was hard for you to process.

Suddenly the door opened and Hans came in carrying a small cardboard box. The smell of food spread around the room making your stomach complain. You realized you hadnt eaten anything for many hours and whatever that box contained smelled like the most delicious thing on earth at that moment.

"I got you something to eat since we have a long road ahead." he explained to you before giving you the box full of delicious Russian baked goods. You took it and sat down on the rooms small table.

"You didn't have to bring me so much food you know." you tried to sound cold and distant to hide the fact that you enjoyed the way he was taking care of you.

"Well I dont want you to starve to death." he raised his shoulders and sat on the table next to you grabbing a small chocolate cupcake. You were both eating in an uncomfortable silence when you decided to break it.

"So what are we gonna do now?"

"Everything is going exactly as I planned, you dont have to worry about anything." he made a gesture in the air with his hand as if he was talking about something unimportant.