𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟.

^natalie dormer as cissa>

just stick with me on this one - rapid perspective changes - keep up

In a year, everything had taken a sharp turn. On Remus's birthday in their fifth year, the Marauders had all met in the Great Hall, snuck into the kitchens, and went to their corner to give Remus his presents. Hollis hadn't been under a curse, the other four knew even less than they did now about the Rosier, and their friendship hadn't grown quite as deep as it had yet to be.

Twelve months ago, Hollis and Remus had kissed for the first time.

That one move had changed everything, for the better in their Hogwarts life but for much, much, worse when Hollis had gone to her manor for the summer. 

A year ago today, the Slytherin and the Gryffindor had made the decision to fight for each other.

Neither of them could have anticipated what was happening now, even in their darkest thoughts.

Rolling over in his bed, Remus looked at the book resting on his mahogany bedside table. Well, more of the bookmark that Hollis had given him for his sixteenth birthday. He slid the thick rectangle out from the pages and looked at the picture of the Marauders in Hogsmeade.

Remus was laughing, as was Hollis, Peter was in midfall, James was fixing his hair, and Sirius was winking at Marlene, who had been behind the camera.

They all looked so happy.

In the bed next to him, James had been watching the auburn haired boy look at the photo magically adhered to the bookmark. 

"Hey," James muttered, sitting up in bed. "It's gonna be okay."

"Don't say thing you don't mean," Remus replied, sitting up as well from his rolled over position. 

Blinking a few times, James threw his legs out from under the quilt.

"Let's go get something from the kitchens," he said firmly. "It'll make you feel better, mate."

Remus knew what he was trying to do. Last year, the five of them had went to the kitchens in the morning, too and then opened presents in the Marauder's Corner. But he knew James was just trying to help, and he accepted it.

"Okay," Remus replied, setting the bookmark back down.

Just as they were about to walk out the door, James looked at Remus and realized something.

"I've gotten so used to seeing you shirtless in our dorms and on the full moons that I think we all forget to remind you to put one on."

"Huh?"

"Put on a damn shirt, Moony."

"Oh, right."

.。*゚+.*.。   ゚+..。*゚+

Even thought it had been exactly two weeks since the full moon, Hollis's mind still hadn't regained it's strength to fight back against the Imperius Curse. Every time she even tried, and overwhelming stab of pain that she could usually ignore shot through her head.

"Wake up."

The voice belong to Narcissa, and Hollis's half awake state had taken a few seconds to recognize it. 

"It's nearly, our first class is in five minutes!" she exclaimed, grey eyes both amused and exasperated. "And Flitwick hates it when we're late!"

Rolling out of her bed, Hollis just raised two eyebrows as a thought not her own popped into her head.