EPISODE 61

31/12/2019, At Chennai

Aparna's P.O.V :

You are really done for this time. You are insane. You are stupid.

Stupid

" How did I end up doing this! " I said banging my head against my bag in front.

All the people in the lounge saw that i missed the bus intentionally. People were murmuring behind you.

" Idiot, stupid " I said and banged my head against my bag again.

Should I call Shwetha and say that I missed the bus, or should I just get in the next bus, or should I just call Shiva and throw a tantrum.

Anything I do, I would be seen as reckless, did my ego die or what, why am I even thinking of calling Shiva.

Brace up, Self respect before anything.

I hugged my bag tight and nested my head inside, so that nobody could see my face.

The lounge was almost empty. I was tapping my feet nervously.

Someone walked in and sat opposite to me.

The person coughed loud and tapped the ground with his feet.

I decided to take a look at who was annoying me. I raised my head and my eyes landed on a familiar smiling face.

My heart dropped to the ground as Shiva was sitting opposite to me. He was holding his hands in front of him and drops of sweat were covering his face.

As soon as I recognized him, I instantly hid my face with my bag.

" Hello " He said knocking in front of my bag.

I shook my head and didn't reply. What does he want from me! Why is he here!

" You left your belonging with me. I am here to return it to you" He said.

Come on Aparna, let's face it.

I raised my head slowly.

" What belonging? " I asked him.

He placed a small box in my hand. I opened it hesitantly.

It was the gold chain that I lost at that snow land. It was the same one.

I took it out and breathed out relieved.

" When did you find this? " I asked Shiva.

" Not long ago, " He said scratching his head.

" But why didn't you return it to me till now? " I asked him.

My hear beat was getting louder and I couldn't hear anything else. He cleared his throat.

" I really wanted to have this as a reminder of the day we spent " He said looking down.

" You need gold chain to be kept as a reminder, well, but why are you returning it now? " I asked confused.

" Because, I don't need it anymore" He said smiling.

I felt a sudden drop and disappointment, what was I expecting anyway.

I emptily smiled at him.

" There is more " He said.

" Where? " I asked.

" Look down in the next rack " He said.

I slowly checked for the next rack in the small box and opened it.

There was a gold ring inside that.

" I didn't loose any ring " I said and stopped in the middle as I realized what was happening.