XIII

❦ ^the tearoom
_________________________________

ɪ ᴡᴀs ʟᴇғᴛ alone for the rest of the day. The only person that came to see me was Pevensie who brought me lunch and dinner, both gourmet dishes I might add. For lunch a turkey club sandwich with fires, and a large bowl of all kinds of fruits topped off with ice cream. I didn't think I could eat that much, but once I started, I couldn't stop.

When dinner came around, I was just as starving again. Spaghetti Bolognese with a bowl of roasted vegetables with a sort of sauce on them and for dessert a box of colourful macaroons.

"A gift from His Royal Highness himself." Pevensie nodded with a wink as she handed me the box filled to the bring with macaroons. I didn't care whether they were from Vincenzo or not, all I cared was stuffing them in my mouth.

"I thought vampires were only supposed to..." I didn't want to finish the sentence, I didn't want Pevensie to get the idea I wanted blood. The thought of drinking it down made me nauseous.

"Blood?" she could see I was having trouble finishing the sentence. "Yes, blood is our main food source and without it, we would surely die, but that doesn't mean we are prohibited from eating human food. In fact, human food helps subside our cravings for blood for a few hours and still gives us strength just not as much as blood does. And this isn't human food anyways, it's brushed with magic to add taste. You'll find that human food in the human realm tastes rather bland. None of it comes nowhere near to blood's deliciousness." I froze as she gave me a wicked smile.

"However, you are still getting used to your transition, and His and Her Majesties thought it best to let you get used to yourself first before the blood craving kicks in strong."

I looked at the boxes of macaroons and fiddled with my hands in my lap. "What if I don't want to drink blood?" I hated the idea of doing. Blood from those who didn't deserve to die just for my own satisfaction. I didn't want to think about how murderous I'd feel afterwards, how much of a monster I had become.

"Trust me, once your lips as close as touches blood, nothing will ever compare to it ever again." I swallowed hard as she gave me another wicked smile and left the room.

When I looked at myself in the mirror that night, I was shocked at the sight. My skin was sickly pale but unbelievably smooth and... fresh? My hair flowed lusciously down my back in silky, golden locks and the green of my eyes stood out as glowing emeralds. My whole body looked stronger for some reasons, I felt strong yet nimble and, surprisingly, alive. There was a tragic beauty about me as I looked closer, a human girl trapped beneath the surface of a horrifyingly perfect, porcelain doll.

The next morning, I awoke to a familiar, blonde-haired man standing at the end of my bed.

"Jesus Christ, Aziel!" I sighed and placed a hand on my un-beating heart.

"See what I meant when I said he'd bring you back here dead or alive?" he replied with a teasing smile.

I rolled my eyes, "Yes, very funny." I looked over him, he seemed extremely at place here than he did in the middle of a high street. "What are you doing here?"

"I thought I'd welcome you myself to the castle, how are you feeling?"

"Dead." I answered bluntly. Aziel chuckled and sat down at the end of my bed.

"Vincenzo would really like to have a conversation with you." He said it as not a request but as a statement, like he was talking about a friend than a prince he worked for.