Chapter 28

Knox's POV

I paced my office as I waited for our guest to arrive. Yesterday while we a naked Sophia straddled my lap and said she needed something my mind went directly to taking her up to bed and rocking her world for the next couple of hours, not to the where I am at now.

Pacing my office as I wait for Vladimir to arrive. That's right...my naked sexy mate needed...Vladimir. Can you believe it! Talk about a bucket of cold water being dumped on your head. My brain and body were already headed in another direction before my mate requested another man!

Rationally I know what she meant but at that brief moment I went berserk before she was able to calm me down and explain why. Once I stopped my temper tantrum, her words not mine, I realized she was right.

I could feel her power through our connection and it scared me a little bit. And I understood her need to get a grip on it. So now I am pacing my office as my mate sits on the couch reading a story to our kids, waiting for the arrogant vampire to arrive.

Don't get me wrong, Vlad is like a brother to me, but did the man have to be so cheeky when I told him my mate was asking for him. He could have kept his snarky comments to himself.

A knock at the door snapped me out of my internal ranting. Vladimir opened the door and strolled in with a shit eating grin on his face. Oh the bastard just loved needling me. I knew it was all in good fun, but it still pissed me off.

"Vlad welcome back! I appreciate you returning so soon per my mate's request."

"Anything for the goddess, always."

Vlad made his way over to greet Sophia and Noah. Ella I noticed was tucked behind Noah staring at Vlad. I guess we were going to have another talk with her, for a young child she seemed to take all of this really well, but I guess Noah was the main reason to that as well.

"Well I'll be damned this just keeps getting better and better. Knox it appears we have another goddess present."

Knowing that Vlad was a friend I did nothing as he knelt down and reached for Ella. Before he could lay a finger on her he was thrusted back across the room to the wall. Laughing he dusted off his clothes as he stood up.

"Goddess Gaea, I mean your child no harm, my only intention was to read her, the same as I have done with you. And I have to say goddess you sure do pack a punch. It has been centuries since anyone has had the ability to move me. I think it will be great fun finding out your talents and strength. But for now, may I approach your daughter?"

Looking over to Sophia I noticed that she stood protectively in front of the kids. Even though I knew it was not necessary, I still smiled at her vicious demeanor as she guarded our children. Ironically she was seriously hot in her full mama wolf mode.

After a few seconds, she gave her approval as she stepped aside, directing Ella to come forward and to let Vlad touch her hand.

Kneeling down to the kid's eye level, "Relax Ella, I am your Uncle Vlad and I promise you that I will never hurt you. All I am going to do it shake your hand okay?"

"I know that Uncle Vlad, the voice keeps telling me to trust you so I will."

Ella without any fear stepped up to the most feared vampire of all time and hugged him. A green light filled the space around them. It was so beautiful and strong, but gentle at the same time. Vlad eased back and his hand cupped her small cheek.

"Well my beautiful niece that was the best greeting I have ever had. You my dear are very special. Noah, your mate here possess a great gift, cherish and protect her always.