XXVIII

╭──── ✩ ────╮
SURPRISES
╰──── ✩ ────╯

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

THE MORNING SUN CASTED through the blinds, while Sirius' snores echoes from my side. Everything was perfect, in this moment, I couldn't ask for anything more.. that was until I opened my eyes and felt a wave of nausea wash over me. Now I wished for medicine..

I groaned, bringing my hand to my stomach and quickly running to the bathroom— throwing up into the porcelain bowl. This sickness had been around for nearly a month, and i was getting tired of it.

Fucking hell, whats going on.

The sound of foot steps came from behind me; stopping in the doorway, "Love you're still sick?" Sirius questioned, pausing for a second before he knelt beside me— holding my hair up so I didn't get anything in it. His tone was sweet, filled with impending worry.

"I'm- I think I'm ok now.." I mumbled, whipping my mouth with the back of my hand before I lifted myself off the floor, "I think I got a stomach bug or something.." I finished, staggering my way over to the bed and letting myself be consumed by its comfort.

Sirius soon climbed in next to me, pulling my into his chest and rubbing circles on my back with his large hands. It was soothing, making the nauseous feeling in my stomach dissipate as I focused on the movement of his fingers.. the way they traced the tattoos in my back gently..

"How come I didn't notice this?" He asked, motioning to the large red Chinese fireball tattoo that resided on my spine. I had gotten it during my days in Azkaban, I never knew why I chose a dragon; maybe it was something about the power they held? Or maybe just because they were cool.

"Maybe you weren't looking hard enough." I teased, poking the tattoo printed on his chest playfully. They made him look older, but not in an old wrinkly way.

I was about to push myself up from the bed, but before I could even lift my head; the nausea returned in full swing— making me groan audibly and fly my hand over my mouth in hopes I wouldn't throw up again.

"Love.. I would say we could take you to a hospital but, you know." He rubbed the back of his neck nervously, as he brought one hand to cup the back of my head and bring it to his chest; all while he stroked my hair gently.

"Yeah.. I know, we're fugitives." I groaned, sighing against the skin of his chest.. his usual cigarette scent becoming evident again.