Chapter 68: 2014 and 2010

3rd Person POV

"Don't miss me too much, will you?" Link said in confusion as Nebula practically choked him out in a hug. It felt a little out of character for her to do it in front of both Rhodey, Clint, and Pietro. Was she afraid that he'd be scared of Vormir?

"Be careful." She told him, slowly moving back from him and walking to stand next to Rhodey.

"Don't get yourself killed, will you?" Clint waved to Rhodey as he entered the Benatar.

"Cmon, let's go." Pietro motioned for Link to follow as he walked up to the Benatar, too. Link looked from Pietro to Nebula, giving her a small wave before entering the ship.

"You think they'll be okay?" Rhodey asked as he was a little curious about why she was casually giving away hugs. They hadn't just sent them off to their deaths, right?

"I hope so."

"This place looks absolutely terrifying." Link's voice spread throughout the ship.

"It's kind of cool." Pietro tried to argue. The dark look of the place, the small glow. All around it looked like it was a good mood setter.

"The kid's right. This place looks badass. Ignoring the current situation." Clint shrugged as he surveyed the planet.

"Either way, let's get that stone and get back." Pietro said as he walked back to his seat. "Whatever it takes."

"What kind of terrain is this? I thought this place looked nice." Clint whined as the three men climbed up the cold rocky path.

"I told you so." Link said in a melodic tone.

"This place is not fun." Pietro agreed with Clint. The three looked out across the planet for a moment.

"Welcome." The three jumped for their weapons. Clint raised his sword in front of him, Link spun his knives in both hands (having gotten the second one a year back) to prepare for a fight. Pietro simply raised his fists since he had no weapons.

A dark cloaked figure floated towards them, looking like the grim reaper without a face or body from their angle.

"Pietro. Son of Oleg. Clint. Son of Edith. Link. Son of June." The figure spoke their names and their parents. They paused on their spot, waiting for the other three to come closer. They walked further forward with their weapons at the ready.

"Who the hell are you?" Clint asked before the others.

"Consider me a guide... to you... and to all who seek the Soul Stone." They answered. A confusing answer, but an answer nonetheless.

"Great. So hand it over and we'll be on our way." Link pointed one of his knives forward as if he was showing who he was talking to. The person spoke something in German before stepping forward.

"If only it were that easy." They said, their face finally revealed to be Red Skull. Not that the three really recognised him.

"So the stone is up here?" Pietro looked around the stone creation that was seemingly built into the mountain. Clouds surrounded the cliff at the end, while two pillars shot up into the sky from the sides of the monument.

"What you seek lies in front of you." Red Skull am told them. Clint looked over the cliff, seeing nothing but a long fall. Link joined him in looking over, then backed up.

"I think you're mistaken. We asked for the Soul Stone, not a long and terrifying fall." Link told Red Skull as he didn't understand what he meant.