T H I R T Y N I N E

𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘷𝘦, 𝘦𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺.

‼️Same skies (A mafia romance), is out now‼️

♥️

"Mr Taylor, congratulations, we've secured investors for up to one hundred million dollars, it's been a hard day, rest well" I smiled and mumbled a small 'same to you' while putting down the phone.

Managing two companies has proven to be a much more difficult task than I thought, especially when one is already established and needs to meet the expectations of its customers and the other one is still in the process of making its customer base.

My body was aching and my eyes were hurting, I wanted to go back to the bedroom and hold princess in my arms.

That's all I need to recharge.

I sighed looking at the various contracts that sat on my desk, still unread.

Since the decision to revive the company has been made, It's been tiresome.

I feel passionate about the company but there's only so much I could handle, leaving princess alone is still not an option and doing everything from home becomes tiresome.

Sierra has been doing better, I've started leaving the house for small bits of time and have tried to gradually increase it so that Sierra feels comfortable but with everything going on, it's been stressful.

I sighed as I look at the clock on my table that read 1:13 am.

Great.

I closed my eyes for a few minutes and picked up all the contract files, to go through one by one.

I was on the second file when the door of my office was pushed open and there stood princess look at me with soft doe big eyes.

I knew she had trouble sleeping, it was more about me than her.

She had started paying attention to my sleep and work schedule recently and never said anything about it but tried to make her day cycle match mine, if you questioned why she did it, she'd tell me, 'I'm your superhero'

I smiled softly at princess as she walked towards me and almost immediately slumped down on my lap wrapping her hands around me and getting as comfortable as possible.

Instantly my spirits went up and an urge to protect surrounded me.

Something about Sierra provokes my instincts to protect her even though she does not need it.

She's a queen herself, and I know she does not need any protection. All she needs is love, but to me, she feels like fragile glass.

One, that I am bound to protect.

I looked down at the small but strong fighter in my arms and tightened my grip around her, it must be uncomfortable to sleep like this.

I looked at the files in front of me and decided to leave them for tomorrow, priorities first.

I quickly got up and headed to the bedroom slowly, making sure not to shuffle around much. The pain in my back was still very much there, but Xander said that I should continue doing my daily activities and that it's completely safe.

I put princess on her side of the bed and slipped into the other side and immediately felt hands wrap around me, home.

This is home.

After some time, I was almost asleep when I felt the bed rustling beside me and Sierra pulling away from my embrace, I ignored the constant shuffle a few times but the sound continued so, I decided to see what's wrong.