chapter 4

A/N: Just a friendly reminder to please refrain from asking me for updates, I do try my very best to update as much as I can but I am also a full-time student and have other things going on in my life so this may not always be possible. Thank you, and as always enjoy!

In the weeks that follow you become a lot closer with Seojun and Gowoon, as well as your new friends at school. Sua, Soojin and Taehoon were incredibly welcoming towards you, as were the rest of your classmates.

You were able to settle in really well, everyone growing to love you even more because of your sweet personality. As a result you were able to befriend people pretty easily, even managing to become closer with - to everyone's shock - Suho as well.

You were just so kind that he couldn't stop himself from feeling comfortable around you, and it was nice to talk to someone who wasn't approaching him just because of his appearance for a change; You spoke to him because you genuinely wanted to be his friend, unlike other girls who bothered him because they had a crush on him. He saw you as a good friend fairly quickly, the two of you now feeling really comfortable around one another.

Seojun was cold towards you at first, but eventually grew to enjoy your company - you became best friends almost immediately after getting to know one another better. You spent a lot of time with him and his sister, and when he saw how caring you were towards Gowoon he warmed up to you even more.

He really appreciated the way you took care of her, instantly becoming like an older sister to her - and he knew she really enjoyed your presence too, so he was grateful. The fact that you're neighbours made it much easier to become closer, since you see each other daily. You would often go over to their place to spend time with them, even to the extent that you cooked for them almost every day.

You found out shortly after meeting them that it's currently just the two of them, their mother in hospital due to a kidney problem, so your heart went out to them because you knew how it felt. After going to their house a few times you quickly realised that they tend to rely on instant meals or delivery food, almost never using the kitchen to cook for themselves.

You started cooking for them as a result - either making extra food at home and giving it to them after feeding your mother, or cooking in their kitchen whenever you go to their apartment. Gowoon enjoys spending time with you, so she always loves to help whenever you cook at their place, and since neither of them use the kitchen they have no problems with you using it.

Seojun also grew to enjoy it, often sitting with you guys in the kitchen while you cooked. Cooking for them ended up just becoming a normal thing after a while - now you've developed a habit of cooking extra food and dropping it off for them, or going over to their house in the evenings to make something - and it has now become really fun for all of you.

You walk up to Seojun's apartment one day to give them some dinner, having made some extra while cooking for yourself and your mother - as usual. After making sure your mother has eaten and telling her where you would be going you head upstairs, the door opening just as you're about to knock. Seojun and Gowoon are both wearing their coats, clearly about to go somewhere.

"Oh, unnie!" she greets you happily when she sees you standing outside the door, and you smile at her and Seojun.
"Are you guys going somewhere?"
"Yep! We're going to visit our mother at the hospital," she replies, and you nod in understanding.

"Is everything okay?" Seojun asks you.
"Of course! I was just bringing you guys some food for dinner because I made some extra," you respond, lifting the container up a little higher to show them, and they both smile at you in gratitude.

"Unnie," Gowoon speaks up again, and you look up at her with a hum to tell her you're listening, "why don't you come with us?"
"Oh no, I don't want to impose..." you trail off, glancing at Seojun uneasily, but Gowoon insists.
"But our mum really wants to meet you, seriously you should join us!"
"Honestly it's no problem," Seojun speaks up to reassure you when you continue to hesitate.