Chapter 16: Aftermath Meetings

Ochako awoke gradually, her mind hazy and muddled by extensive sleep. She opened her eyes and winced, the bright light blinding her. She groaned and shielded her eyes with one hand, hissing at the minor achy pain it caused. She ached all over, though it wasn't bad. She did a little stretch to see how things felt and apart from the discomfort of moving muscles that hadn't moved in a couple of days she felt fine. She slowly sat up and after adjusting herself to be more comfortable doing so, her eyes finally adjusting to the light and the haze fading from her mind.

Just then the door opened and Dr. Okimi entered. She grabbed the PDA at the end of the bed and started to make notes on it while she talked to Ochako.

"Well, you'll be pleased to know that you're right as rain after my treatment and your friends are also fine. The sedative they were hit with wasn't anything dangerous, just something to keep them unconscious for several hours. They were discharged a couple of days ago while you have been sleeping during that time. You suffered fractures across most of your body, a concussion, two deep stab wounds that damaged your intestines and kidneys, and a minor laceration to your temple. Any questions?" she said looking up.

Ochako had to take a second to process all of it before asking, "What happened after I lost consciousness? Last I recall I broke the woman collar and then passed out."

"She plugged your stab wounds with a mass of her own congealed blood. Were not sure how that aspect of her quirk works, or how most of her works for that matter but were working on it. As for after that, she essentially ripped the rest of the mercenaries present into near literal ribbons, while tearing one body up into literal unidentifiable shreds. When heroes and QSU arrived in response to a cut-off distress call presumably from the mansion staff, they found the woman lying unconscious in a literal pile of blood and viscera. You and your friends were laid to the side, and with the exception of you, were all restrained in Quirk suppression cuffs. There were also the intact mercenary bodies found nearby, likely moved at some point during your struggle with the woman inside the mansion." Said the Doctor, while making a few more notes on the PDA.

"And what about the woman? What happened to her?" Asked Ochako.

"Well for starters we've identified her as Aria Lin, and she is currently restrained in a maximum-security cell at New Tartarus after she nearly broke out of the prison single-handily. She crushed the throat of Ryukyu, and fractured, nearly snapping Mirko's spine after slapping her several feet into the concrete wall, while Nezu and Aizawa were nearly trampled to death by her. Then she tore a good chunk of the interior of the prison to pieces, before finally finding what she was looking for, having a complete emotional breakdown, and falling asleep in the evidence lock-up. Fortunately, I was present and was able to heal Ryukyu and Mirko before either of them died." She replied in such a matter-of-fact tone of voice that one would think she was talking about the weather.

Ochako just stared at her, mouth slightly agape at the ridiculousness of it all. She had to take a minute to let all that settle in her brain. Apparently, the good Dr. excelled in being blunt and direct to a near-fault. Which, she supposed was a good trait for a medical professional to have.

"Okay... Okay... uh... what was Nezu and everyone else doing at Tartarus, to begin with?" She asked next.

"We went there to talk to Mrs. Lin. Nezu thought her capable of being communicated with and wanted to try to learn as much as he could with the aid of Detective Naomasa. What was discussed and is presently being discussed with her as we speak is something you'll have to take up with Nezu after he returns from his trip to the prison again," replied Dr. Okimi, who pulled a water bottle out of a coat pocket and took a drink.

Ochako made a mental note to ask Nezu about it. She tried to think of anything she might want to know but all of the rest of her questions would be better directed towards Nezu she reasoned. So that left her with only one question to ask.