Two

Thalia De Luca
present

I hear my alarm go off making me open my eyes and roll on my side to turn the alarm off.

I look at the clock from over my tv that is mounted to the wall.

6:30 am

Holy shit.

I close my eyes for another second before taking the covers off of my body and getting out of bed. I walk inside the bathroom and look in the mirror to see how horrible I looked in the mirror. My brown hair was a mess and there was some makeup around my green eyes from last night.

Yesterday night I went out on a mission for this one guy who was I guess sending threats to my father so my mom asked me to go and kill him.

It was a long night though. He didn't trust easily so I had to seduce him and then bring him into one of the hotels nearby to kill him. Since I had nobody with me I had to get rid of the body myself and ship it off to his Mafia. I didn't care who he was from, only that if I got the job done and I did.

I did have to kiss him in some places I didn't want to but you have to do what you have to do. At least he was attractive but I don't let looks get to me.

I wash my face before getting out of the restroom and walking inside my closet to pick out my clothes for the gym.

The reason I have to wake up so early every day is that I have training in the morning and my brother has school so we both have to wake up early in the morning. My mother wants Killian to go to high school and experience that kind of thing. I went to high school for some time but I usually stuck to myself because I never really like to engage in all of the social events that the students held at the school. They were stupid. I had this one friend but I don't talk to her anymore because we both went our separate ways.

She went to college to be a doctor and I stayed here to become the first-ever female Mafia boss. To be more specific the Italian Mafia Donna. From my knowledge and my father's, there has never been a female heir to the empire in any of the Mafia's so I will be the first one. My father and I argued about it and he said he wanted Killian to take over his role since he is getting older and he is a boy but I reasoned with him and he eventually gave in.

I change into pair of leggings and a white sports bra. After that, I change into my favorite pair of shoes and leave my room to go downstairs.

As I walk through the hallway I see all of the pictures of me and my brother as toddlers and then pictures of me and Jane. I also see my mom and father's wedding pictures which always makes me smile because whenever I looked at them together I actually believe that love is real and not just something that happens in stories.

I walk inside the kitchen and see my brother, Killian, and my mother cooking.

"The monsters awake," Killian muttered as he ate his breakfast that my mother made.

My brother Killian is 15, about to turn 16, soon. I thought over the years our relationship will be better and we would stop arguing but that definitely isn't the case. if anything he is more annoying than ever.

And when he brings his friends over he sometimes acts like a jackass towards me. His guy friends are assholes though and always try to hit on me but Killian always makes sure to punch them in the face if they try to make move but he sometimes forgets I know how to handle myself and that I basically kill people for a living.

"Bite me." I sneered as I walked past him towards the coffee machine that was next to my mother.

"Do you guys always have to argue this early in the morning?" My mother said.