Chapter 30

Marissa's POV

When the car faded from the streets, I sighed in relief. Missy had been eating my head for ten minutes straight, mocking my urges, chattering about the world above us and rambling about how much we would enjoy if I let her complete the marking. She praised herself a couple of times, honouring her beauty and telling me that we would have beautiful children together. When I got enough of her, my mouth ran wild and we went into an argument.

"You look pale," Xalorad turned his attention on me. "And cold." He drew his coat out and rested it over my shoulders while I continued to watch the car that was speeding.

"Is she going to be like this? My ears already hurt." I said, flickering my eyes back to reality. Well, at least she was gone for now.

"No, she won't trouble you anymore and if she does, I'll see to it." He replied, reassuring me.

We got back on the track to return to the manor. "How did you know I was here?"

"I spoke to my Mother, she told me Artemis was around here in the morning and I suppose she was here for a reason. I'm just glad you didn't go with her." He said, proudly.

"I'm not drunk to repeat mistakes," I joked.

He laughed and nodded, "Yes.

I stopped by the gates of the manor, just where I ran away from. The streets were fairly empty now as everyone was inside, attending the party while the host was outside with me.

Heaving in a breath, I said, "I should go."

A flicker appeared in his eyes and he took my hands, "No, I rather prefer if you stay here, with me, for a night."

I recalled the reason I ran away and shook my head, "I can't. My wolf is frustrated than ever and I don't want my Dad to see me. He's inside, at the party and if he sees us then he'll know. And, I don't want to disturb you as well, it's your party." I explained, taking my hands away.

"That's fine. The party is just going to last another hour or more but everyone's going to leave in a bit and I'll ask Barry to leave a little earlier to go look into a few matters so you don't have to be worried about anything." There was comfort in his tone and whenever he said anything, I felt like as if I was in the seventh heaven, drifting through clouds in peace.

Letting out a giggle, I shook my head again, "I can't—"

"I insist," He cut me off and pressed his palms against my face while looking into the depths of my eyes with raised brows.

"But I feel tired."

I wasn't.

But I knew what he was going to say once we got inside—kill someone, pretty please and I didn't want to get into another argument with him. Over that, I wanted to go home, change, go for a run to relieve some tension and then get inside a hot bath to get rid of the heat.

"So, get some rest—inside while I go to attend the party and once I'm done, I'll be with you." He suggested.

"I thought you wanted me to kill someone."

He smiled, "That can be done later. I rather have you alive and well than seeing you sad and in a fight with Artemis. I won't pressure you into killing anyone. You were right, we are two different people and taking one's life might be easy for me but it isn't for you and I respect your choice."

As his words swept through my ears, I smiled hard, "Really?"

"Yeah,"

"So you won't tell me to kill anyone?"