Chapter 55

Red

"I want everything to be perfect when she's back. Beginning from the castle, to her room, to my room, to everything!" I said, ecstasy coursing through my veins as I swirled inside one of the hallways.

"And, it will be." Luciano yanked my arm and pulled me in the room.

My lips twisted and breath caught in my lungs as I hopped onto him. "Oh, Luciano, I love you." My forehead touched with his and I closed my eyes, stopping myself from getting over-excited. How couldn't I be? I was getting my daughter back, my child that I gave birth too, I was going finally get a chance to hold her, to kiss her, to see her.

"She must've grown up so much!" I whispered, remembering her face when she was a day old. Nine months had passed by and I couldn't wait to see her, to be a family again, to be happy again. "When will she come?"

Luciano pulled away. "A day or two. I'll have to confirm from the witch who has her. Let's hope it's soon, before Gretel gets to know."

"She doesn't knows?" I moved back.

He shook his head. "I'm unsure. Annabeth told me she doesn't works for her so clearly she doesn't knows. But, who cares? Our concern is our daughter, nothing else." He responded in a serious tone.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?" I kicked his chest, flushing hard.

"Because you were too busy trying to trigger your wolf." He stopped for a second. "I just forgot—"

"What?" I frowned as concern spread across his face. Nothing bad, please.

"I had asked my mother to do a research on Annabeth. She must've by now," Luciano reached for the door and stepped out.

I followed him and we went downstairs, to his office, where I found Jacqueline and Charter. Phones in their hands, worry on their faces as if they had learned something bad. My heart thundered, my excitement disappeared.

"What is it?" Luciano asked, looking at the papers over the table.

"It's something strange." Jacqueline started, glancing at me. "Before you panic, just listen to me." she said, hesitantly.

I nodded, allowing her to continue. I could take everything as long as Fiona was going to be in my arms in the next few days.

"I had called my sisters in England, asking them about a witch name Annabeth and we got all the information. Annabeth's a young witch, but she is strong, she has been practicing magic since the age of five. She doesn't belongs to a coven, we can say that she is a lone witch, traveling the world, disturbing coven's and becoming a problem for all us witches." Jacqueline explained in a quick, sudden breath.

"But, we shouldn't be worried, right?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest. "She isn't our concern." I flashed my eyes over to Luciano, and then back to his mother.

Witches weren't a problem, especially those witches that weren't under the ruling of Gretel, which she wasn't.

Jacqueline pulled a paper from the table, showed it to Luciano and then to me. There was an image of a woman, young and beautiful. Her hair dark as fire, eyes hazel as mine and everything else just the same—as me.

"This is Annabeth."

My heart dropped, my eyes wide. I felt my lungs getting squeezed as my breath was snatched away. Tiny hair on my skin rose and a shiver crawled down my spine.

No.

"She was abandoned by her parents when she was four months old and she lived alone, till date. Annabeth was born on 1987, the same night as you were." She said, standing back, terror brimming in her eyes. "There might be a chance that she's your twin sister,"

This was wrong—completely wrong.

"It's not possible." I mumbled out of fear. "I would've known. Nana would've known. Someone would've!" I panicked just as Jaqueline expected me too.

Luciano came over to me. "We can't say anything until we know everything. It could've been a mistake." He said, agreeing to me.

"Yes. And, it must be. I never heard—" I whimpered and then stopped.

My mother wrote down her name in her diary for a reason. Oh. My breathing grew ragged and vicious as I rubbed my palm over my face. She had my daughter for a reason.

"Let's wait. When she arrives, we can know more, until then, let's not think about this too much." Luciano said, patting on my back.

He was right. I needed to be happy. I couldn't be concerned about something that wasn't even confirmed. Annabeth, whoever it was, she couldn't be related to me. I was the only child of my parents. They never had another child as they died a few years after my birth.

Right when I stopped being worried, Ben bursted in through the door, wrinkles creasing on his forehead and panic in his tone as he said, "There is a problem, Luciano. A fucking big problem and we need you, right now!"

Read the full book on patreon quicker www.patreon.com/miakerr