chap. 15

Zhongli watched as the female pulled the Anemo Archon into a hug, silently hoping that the bard won't cause trouble again.

Giggling, the younger boy blinked and grinned widely. He got many strange looks from the citizens in Liyue Harbor due to his odd appearance.

"Liyue Harbor has changed", he noticed as they started to walk through the streets, that were lit by countless Xiao Lanterns.

Zhongli nodded in agreement and followed close behind his two companions. To him, it felt quite strange to casually walk around in public with (y/n) and Barbatos.

They rarely met up, since they mostly used to mind their own business, Zhongli being a consultant for the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor, Barbatos, also known by the alias Venti, singing songs for the people in Mondstadt and (y/n) guiding mortals out of the adepti's place.

When they were together, they didn't have to act like the God of Contracts or the Lord Barbatos that had killed countless people. Instead, they could act like normal friends who didn't see each other for a long time.

The bard eyed the female from aside as they passed small shops that were selling things such as food, clothing and souvenirs.

"How about we play a game of Tower Defense? Apparently it's quite a popular game", (y/n) suggested, a smile appearing on her face as she did so.

The Archons agreed since they didn't have anything else to do.

"I'm done", Barbatos whined and hit his head against the table. (y/n) laughed, while Zhongli smiled in satisfaction.

Just as they expected, Zhongli had the best score out of the three of them. They played several rounds, the bard always ending up being the one with the worst score.

"I don't like this. How about we go to a tavern? I'm sure you have something to drink here", he requested and rested his cheek on a hand.

The older Archon closed his eyes as he crossed his arms. "It appears that Liyue does not produce good wine like the one in Mondstadt. We have apple juice, if you would like to try it". Barbatos opened his mouth to say something, but quickly shut it after a few seconds, causing (y/n) to smile in amusement.

They ended up taking a stroll outside of the city, (y/n) and Barbatos chattering happily while Zhongli quietly listened to their conversation from behind.

After a while, Barbatos had to leave Liyue again and return back to Mondstadt. "It was nice to meet you again, Grandpa! I will be off now, ehe", he grinned widely and laughed at Zhonglis quiet growl.

(y/n) passed him a smile, and bid him goodbye, while Zhongli waved as they watched the Anemo Archon disappear.

Soon after, a sigh escaped Zhongli and his lips tugged into a warm smile.

"I guess that you will go as well", he said, earning a nod from the girl.

They stood on a cliff, not too far from Liyue Harbor's gates, watching as the last lanterns floated away.

"I would like to ask you for a favor before you go, (y/n)", the Archon let his gaze wander over the city in front of them. The female patiently waited for him to continue.

"I have been thinking about.. my purpose in Liyue lately. Of course, I will go into detail later, but I think it would be best if I tell the other Adepti first. So please, accompany me to Xiao. I want to hear your opinion as well", Zhongli stated thoughtfully and crossed his arms.

(y/n) tilted her head and hummed. "Well, I don't see a problem with that. Do you want to go now?"

She earned a firm nod and smiled at her friend, secretly wondering what could've possible troubled the Geo Archon.

"(y/n)? And Rex Lapis", the Adeptus asked slightly surprised after being called.

He respectfully bowed in front of the Archon and gave (y/n) a questioning look. "There's no need for formalities, Xiao", Zhongli smiled, amused by the uneasiness of the Adeptus whenever he was around the Geo Archon.

Xiao fixed his posture and nodded hesitantly. "Is there anything you need?", the Yaksha asked irritated and stared at the man in front of him.

"Indeed. I'm afraid I need your advice", Xiao furrowed his brows and passed (y/n) another confused glance, making her shrug her shoulders in response. Why would Rex Lapis seek his advice?

"Unfortunately, it will take some time to explain. I suggest that we go to a more private place", Zhongli requested, causing the other Adeptus to nod, since he didn't have a choice but to follow the Archon.