.006

The boom in the distance makes Alora adjust her grip on the spear. Cara and Mando run out of the forest, sliding behind their barricade. Alora squeezes Cara's shoulder as the ex-trooper yells, "This is it! Once that thing steps into the pond, it's going down. Weapons ready!"

Loud booms echo through the forest. Alora closes her eyes, memories of battles long past playing behind her lids before she looks ahead, red lights staring back at her.

"Just a few more steps," Mando murmurs.

Alora's palms grow sweaty as it stomps nearer. Then, it stops. And so does Alora's heart.

"It stopped," Cara whispers.

As it shines a light on the village, Alora grabs the closest farmer and pushes him down. The spearmen obviously didn't get the message; they stare at the light when it falls on them. That is until the AT-ST shoots the building behind them.

"Hold your positions!" Cara shouts.

Klatooinians rush between the legs of the AT-ST, their battle-cry soaring into the air. Cara shouts to open fire as Alora rethinks. The villagers hit many of the incoming raiders but not enough.

Alora makes her way across the field, dropping next to Mando and holding out her blaster and spear. "What are you doing?" He asks as he shoots another raider down. "What do you want?"

"Give her the pulse rifle," Cara shouts over the noise. "Don't argue with a general, Mando. We'll cover you."

Alora nods but continues staring at Mando. He had frozen at the title, looking at her differently than before. She does not move.

He hands her the rifle and she shoots forward, ignoring the light now shining on her as she stabs a Kantooinian before jumping into a nearby krill pond, sending the others a small nod before she shoots the AT-ST head-on.

Come to mama, idiot.

She ducks behind the dirt as it shoots, wincing at the soil dropping into the water; her barrier is slowly disappearing. Moving up, she isn't able to get off another shot before it shoots again, forcing her back to her hiding spot.

She hears it take a step forward as the villagers rush the raiders. If she could think about something other than the AT-ST, she'd be proud of her students.

Alora moves a bit to the side, just out of the light's view as she sets up her final shot. As the light falls on her, she smiles and presses the trigger. Fire erupts from its right eye as it finally steps forward enough for the trap to work. It falls with a loud thud—music to Alora's ears.

Mando and Cara rush out from behind the barriers, tossing explosives into the broken machine before jumping into the krill ponds: Cara goes elsewhere while Mando jumps just beside Alora.