85

"....." Silence filled the room. Angelina didn't know what to say. She was completely caught of guard.

'Sorry? Does this mean...' without realizing, tears began to form in her eyes.

When Chase noticed her teary eyes, he reached out his hand to wipe away her tears. But his hand was slapped away.

Angelina refused to cry, expesially in front of him. She would not let the tears in her eyes to fall. She didn't want to show weakness, but her emotions were bursting out.

"How long..." She muttered. Her voice shaky. Her tone carried a hint of sadness, rage, and numbness.

"Ever since your debut. Though, it was merely dreams. However, on the day before the last event my family held, I remembered everything." He replied. His smile tightened as he patiently waited for her response.

Unfortunately for him, Angelina remained silent.

He knew she didn't want to talk to him.

He too was shocked when he realized her true identity as Lilith. But the first thing that came to mind was that, he had to apologize.

He had extremely wronged her. He regretted everything. If only he knew...

If only he'd just listen to her and not ignore her please...

He lifted his hand from her head and pulled her into his arms.

"....!" Angelina felt her heart tremble as soon as she was held close to his chest. Just as she was about to struggle, she froze when she heard him whisper into her ear.

"I'm sorry. I should've believed you. The guilt I feel is immeasurable. I was foolish, and I know that now. I let myself fall for her lies and deception. There's nothing I can do to fix what I've done or reverse what you have experienced. I can only apologize to you now. I'm sorry, Lilith."

Angelina felt him tightened his embrace. Her face was buried in his chest.

She didn't want to cry at this moment. Her pride wouldn't let her. And yet when he whispered his apology, her tears began to overflow and stream down her cheeks. Staining his clothes.

Angelina gritted her teeth and pushed him away. She hardened her heart and pulled him by the collar. She leaned in his ear and said,

"If you think I'll forgive you just because you admitted you were wrong, then you are mistaken!"

Angelina pushed him away once again and strode over to the door.

When she reached for the handle, she heard him say, with hoarse voice, "I know. I know what I've done is unforgivable. But I'll wait. I'll wait for that day you forgive me."

"....heh" Angelina sneered. But it looked more like a smile of mockery. Not to him, but herself.

"No, I'll never forgive you." Angelina exclaimed before leaving.

*********************

Inside her room, Angelina closed the door behind her before letting the tears fall endlessly.

Her lips trembled and her breathing was unsteady.She slowly made her way to the bed and sat down.

She buried her head in her knees and cried.

She had faced Chase many times In this life. So why was it now she felt emotional?

Perhaps it was due to seeing him again? The Chase she knew. The one who she spent her entire childhood with.

In a strange way, it felt like a reunion.

"Clack!"

Angelina lifted her head and stared at the the door's direction.