Chapter 19

Seraphina Amor

I fell asleep for most of the drive back, my body just completely shutting down to the rhythmic way the car was driving down the road.

As I blinked open my eyes, my head was held in my hand, resting against the window. Taking in a deep breath, I tilt my head to gaze outside, sight a little blurry from just waking up. We were still driving, the lights from outside beaming into the car and dancing over my face.

Glancing out the windshield, I see the black van in front of us, Harry trailing not too far behind. I let out a heavy sigh and I turned my head to look at Harry. His left hand was holding the bottom of the wheel loosely, right hand resting against the window sill. I can see how his eyes are half lidded, exhaustion evident in his features.

"Don't fall asleep behind the wheel, Styles," I say quietly, not wanting to startle him too much.

Harry's head perks up at my voice, more specifically the way it cuts through the nearly silent atmosphere. He steals a quick glance over at me before his attention returns back to the road in front of us.

"You're up," he states equally as quietly, the tone of his voice matching my own.

I hum softly, shifting in my seat so I'm sitting more correctly and comfortably. "Where are we going?"

I was unfamiliar with where we were heading, none of the buildings giving any notion to where we could possibly be going. My body sways as we turn another corner, following close behind Wyatt and Leon.

"We're going somewhere that doesn't give hints to personal location. Leon, Wyatt, and I use it for work purposes," Harry answers calmly, still keeping his eyes trained on the road.

I nod softly as I had no energy to question it further. These men obviously had it out for us considering he almost tried to shoot me in the head. It made me wonder what the other had done to Harry as I could see the curve of his jaw slightly red.

"What happened to your face?"

"What happened to your shoes?"

I look at Harry with wide eyes as we speak at the same time, our questions overlapping with one another. Taking the initiative to answer first, I look down at where my bare feet were pressed against the floor of the car.

"Tossed them when I was going after my guy. Heels aren't the easiest to run in," I tell him, keeping my head tilted down at my feet.

Harry chuckles deeply, the sound rumbling from within his chest. "And how do you expect to get through the rest of the night without your shoes?"

My lips pursed together at his question before I drew my lip between my teeth. "Didn't think that one through," I mumble under my breath.

"There's some spare clothes where we're going. You can change out of your dress when we get there. Don't want you ruining it."

I nod my head gently, giving him a small grateful smile. "Great, thanks."

The car falls into a silence again as I stare out the window, mind slightly foggy with sleep. I was still waking up, body overcome with exhaustion.

I hadn't been sleeping well lately and I could already feel the inevitable happening again. I was spiraling and I couldn't help but be angry at myself for doing so. It took so much time to get where I was today mentally and I couldn't have that all have happened for nothing.

However, no matter how much I didn't want to admit it, this whole thing was an endless cycle. I regrouped myself, worked through whatever was going on in my fucked up brain, and then the second I thought I was doing decent, I spiral and it starts all over again.