21. THE REGRET OF A BROTHER

20 : the regret of a brother

third person
PERSPECTIVE

CHANDLER STANDS OUTSIDE VALERIE'S room. Pacing back and fourth, he has been doing that from the past few days. But he'd simply go back to his room and cry himself to sleep. He felt horrible, he knew it was a mistake to hurt his sister like this over someone else. As every night passes by, he finds himself losing sleep. He continuously overthinks through his classes, struggling to pay attention to what the teacher is saying.

But Chandler grows angry as he notices Vincent coming out of his sisters room. He disliked Vincent ever since the both of them met. There was something about the platinum blonde that triggers Chandler's fight or flight.

Vincent shuts Valerie's door, taking a long sigh. Chandler glares at him harshly, he couldn't stand Vincent. He saw Vincent talk to Valerie rudely in many occasions, he remembers overhearing Valerie's and his conversation when Vincent stated he was threatened by his mother to drive Valerie home.

"What are you doing here?" Chandler snaps, crossing his arms. His brotherly instincts jumping in as he stared up at the tall platinum blonde.

"I should be asking you that Chandler, every time I pass the hallway, I see you watching your sisters door and never entering... don't tell me you haven't apologised yet?" Vincent says, momentarily glancing at the younger.

Chandler huffs. "That's none of your business, you're a stranger to us, just move along and mind your business and pretend we don't exist."

Vincent chuckles. "But you're in my house, I certainly have to involve myself in your business, especially after hearing you call your sister ugly I knew that I had to intervene in your business because that was something no brother should say to their sister."

Chandler felt himself drown in guilt.

"You need to apologise, that's the least you could do for your sister, she worked hard for you and I'm sure you want to work hard for her and be the best brother you can."

Vincent's words, felt like knives of truth. Chandler felt himself bleeding from the slices of truth. He felt himself choking with guilt.

He avoids Vincent's eyes. "Just go away." he murmurs.

Vincent smiles. "Your wish is my command, I just hope you do apologise to your sister, I know you will because you're a good kid." he pats Chandler on the shoulder before disappearing into the dark hallway.

Chandler scoffs. "Who is he calling kid? I'm only one year younger." he rubs his shoulder, hissing from the pain. "Why did that hurt? I need to go to the gym because a pat on the shoulder shouldn't be that embarrassing."