eight

Anakin stood behind Obi-Wan, his shoulder pushed up against Lalla's as they watched the large ship land before them. Lalla's cheeks were tear stained, her head down as she whipped her nose harshly. Anakin her puffy eyes, but was definitely better at hiding it.

"Now viceroy, you're going to have to go back to the senate and explain all this" Padme said to the man. Lalla picked up head up watching the Captain walk forward towards the viceroy slowly.

"I think you can kiss your trade franchise good-bye" He said, Lalla smiling at bit at this. Obi-Wan looked behind him towards Lalla and Ani, moving Anakin so he was on her right and wrapping his arm around Lalla so she was walking on his left. He squeezed her into him as they walked, comforting her best he could right now.

They stopped, Obi-Wan bowing first and bringing Lalla down with him as Anakin bowed too towards Supreme Chancellor Palpatine.

"We are i deputed to you for your bravery, Obi-Wan Kenobi. And you, young Skywalkers," He said moving his eyes from Anakin to Lalla, his eyes lingering on her for moment longer, "We will watch your career with great interest"

With that he walked by them, patted Anakin's shoulder lightly. Lalla tried to hide her glare but she knew she wasn't doing well when she saw Obi-Wan's raised eyebrow. He smirked at her lightly as she quickly hid her face behind her hair as he pulled the two of them so that they were walking back next to some men Lalla didn't know.

"Together we shall bring peace and prosperity to the republic" He said, then only hearing the end of his greeting. Lalla looked up at this, whipping her face so there was no more tears as Obi-Wan pulled her in closer to his side, his thumb rubbing her shoulder softly.

Lalla stood, her head down and her hand in Obi-Wans as the fire lit up their faces. She couldn't bare watch as Qui-Gon was burned. Anakin stood behind them his fingers laced together as he watched sadly. Lalla stayed quite, tears running down her face silently as she said her last goodbyes in her head to the man she trusted most.

Obi-Wan held her hand tightly, giving it a squeeze every few seconds as he watched his masters body. Lalla felt a sob rake through her body as she hid the noise with her hand. She felt Obi-Wan take his hand from hers and wrap his arm around her shoulder quickly, moving her so she was facing away. Lalla had found out earlier that Obi-Wan would train both her and Anakin, and was so excited, but right now she wasn't thinking about becoming a jedi.

Her face was pushed into her chest as he held her tightly into him. Lalla assumed that he was just doing his duty as her master, and that he would do the same for Anakin but she never felt Anakin join her side. She pushed the though away and wrapped her arms around Obi-wan, crying softly into him.

She listened to R2 beep sadly over the flames as Obi-Wan moved so he was looking towards Anakin.

"What will happen to us now?" Ani asked softly, Lalla moving her head off his chest so she was looking up at her brother.

"The council have granted me permission to train you both. You will both be jedi, i promise" he said just as softly as he discreetly moved his hand off Lalla's back to her head, and pushed it back down onto his chest. She let him push her, laying it down so that she was facing towards Ani. She watched his skin glow a dull orange as she took him in for what she knew would probably be the last time he would really be able to look like a child.

She watched as he pursed his lips a bit, tears forming in his eyes as he looked at Qui-Gon. Lalla felt new tears forming as he quickly grabbed his hand, holding it in hers tightly. What Lalla and Obi-Wan didn't know is that Master Yoda was watching them embrace, his mind racing as he tried to figure the pair out. There was no darkness to be seen between the two, but looking towards Lalla's hand he saw as she was holding Anakin. Much darkness there was in the boy, and much fear. The master could only hope that Lalla would keep him in the light.

Anakin sat in Lalla's lap as she braided his hair gently. He now had to have one, as did Lalla. She had her hair cut shorter now, to just about her shoulders as a thin braid hung down the back. She watched in the mirror in front of them as Obj-Wan stared out the window of the big room they were given to get ready in for the big day. After today Ani and Lalla would officially start theyre training with Obi-Wan and they were both very nervous.

She finished tying the braid and looked into Ani's eyes through the mirror. He smiled at her, her hand coming to rest on his head. She missed his longer hair a lot, but she did think he looked very cute with his newly shaved head.

"We must be leaving soon" Obi-Wan said while walking up behind the siblings, his hands landing on Lalla's shoulders. Anakin nodded quickly while jumping off Lalla and running to put his tunic on. Lalla stayed put, pulling her hair behind her shoulders while carefully avoiding touching Obi. She had to admit, she had developed quite the crush on him these last few days of getting to know him.

Obi-Wan took his hands from her shoulders, walking over to Anakin and kneeling in front of him so that he was talking quietly to him. Lalla stood, smoothing out her clothes while walking over to them. She felt happier now, being with her little family. Of course she missed her mother but she had more important things to worry about at the moment. Obi-Wan looked up from where he was kneeling and sent her a smile. She could tell Anakin already adored him by the way he stared at him with such admiration.

Looking towards the door all three watched it intently as a knock was suddenly heard. Lalla raised her eyebrow a bit while walking towards it, opening it to reveal Padme. Lalla immediately smiled, bringing Padme into a quickly hug before letting her in. Lalla was careful to avoid stepping on or ruining Padme long dress.

"Queen Amidala" Obi-Wan greeted, bowing down a bit. Padme looked back towards Lalla a small smirk gracing her lips before she turned back to Obi-Wan.

"It is wonderful to see you all" She said in greeting, Anakin smiling up at her.

"We are ready to leave if you are?" Obi-Wan asked while pulling Anakin along next to him so that they were next to Lalla. Padme smiled at them slightly before nodding curtly. They let her go first before the three walked out.

Lalla kept close to Obi-Wan as they stood on top of the steps. She was placed between Obi and Anakin, watching the parade happen with a smile on her face. It was pleasant seeing everyone so happy. Lalla felt a light push on her side and looked up at Obi-Wan smiling at him as he smiled down at her and Anakin. Ani kept a straight face and quickly looked away, Lalla not thinking much of her brothers moodiness.

Lalla listened to the music going on while watching the parade reach the steps. The Gungan King walked up the steps while waving happily, Jar Jar behind him. Lalla smiled at Jar Jar who looked quite overwhelmed.

Padme walked forward gracefully, taking the glowing orb in her hands as everyone watched. She gave it to the King quickly, the King taking it happily and raising it in the air above his head.

"Peace!" He shouted out for the large crowd in the streets. Lalla looked down at Ani smiling big, watching as his smile grew a bit. She looked where he was looking and saw Padme looking back at him. Padme smiled at him as her gaze moved to Lalla. The two girls giggled to themselves a bit as Obi-Wan watched the encounter. Even he could hide the smile he was supporting. Ani took Lalla's hand in his, holding it tight as they both watched the happy people below dance around.

For the first time in awhile they both felt genuinely happy.

ANDDD THATS PART ONE!!

oh my god i want to cry i love young lalla and ani so much :')

i can not wait for the second part of this book to come out, and i'm writing it right now!!

i really hope you lovely people enjoyed the first part of the book and i hope you're excited for the next two! they'll be a lot longer (hopefully) and much more action packed this time! As always please let me know if you catch any spelling mistakes or anything, and i'll see you all soon!

love you always,

r