driving

Author's note: the cover art for this chapter is not mine, SugarisSleepy made this on twitter

____________

"I guess that was better than just telling them" Sapnap starts the car. The rest of the drive home was a comfortable silence, they were both lost in their thoughts. Sapnap's eyes were focused on the road, and Karl was looking out the window zoned out. Sapnap got so lost in his thoughts that he couldn't focus on the road anymore. Karl quickly sat up and turned to look at the road, his eyes quickly widened. Karl shook Sapnap's arm, he couldn't say anything, if he tried it would be too late. Sapnap felt Karl's hands shake his arm, he was brought back to reality. Sapnap noticed the red light as his eyes focused on his surroundings. He looked to the right and saw a car going full speed in his direction, everything felt like it was going in slow motion, he slammed on the brakes and swerved the car. The car came to a fast stop, making a screeching noise.

_____________

Sapnap couldn't remember anything that happened after that, he woke up in a hospital bed breathing heavily as he doesn't know where he is. Sapnap looks around to see where he is, he doesn't see Karl anywhere in sight. He realizes he is in a hospital room and he tries to steady his breath. He was still breathing heavily the only thing on his mind was Karl, he remembers that he was in a crash and starts to worry. A doctor walks in to the room and ask Sapnap some questions, Sapnap didn't care he just tuned them out, all he wanted to know was if Karl was okay. "Where's Karl" Sapnap mumbles, "who?" the doctor seems confused, "OH the boy you were in a car crash with" the doctor finally realizes who Karl is. "Yes, where is he?" Sapnap's eyes start to tear up, "he's in another room" the doctor reassures Sapnap. The doctor continued asking Sapnap questions, but Sapnap didn't talk or even listen he was too caught up in all his thoughts. "SAPNAP" the doctor finally snapped, "huh" Sapnap jumped, "what is the last thing you remember?" the doctor sighs. "pressing on the brakes" Sapnap mumbles, looking out the window to his left. "Were you sober?" "I didn't have any drinks, I just wasn't paying attention to the road.. I got distracted, okay?" Sapnap huffs. "What did you get distracted by?" the doctor finally started getting answers out of Sapnap, "I was just lost in my thoughts and I zoned out" Sapnap's getting annoyed. "Is Karl okay?" Sapnap looks in the doctor's eyes, the doctor's expression dropped. Sapnap's heart dropped, how could he let this happen, he put Karl's life at risk because he got lost in his own thoughts.

The doctor started talking after a few minutes of silence, but Sapnap just stared at the blank wall, he wasn't listening, he knew that the doctor was already going to tell him that Karl didn't make it. Tears started to fill Sapnap's eyes, it was all his fault that Karl died, if he didn't get lost in his stupid thoughts none of this would've happened. Tears now streaming down his face he started breathing heavily again, he just got Karl and now he's gone, and it was all his fault.

_____________

Words: 596

Author's note: HOLY, thank you for over 3k reads, it means a lot I only thought 3 people would see this, I'm trying to update this as fast as I can, chapters will be coming out faster don't worry.