Chapter 66-70

Chapter 66 - Zhong Yuhuan’s 14th birthday (2)

Xu Yushan entered right after Zhong Yuhuan, but few noticed her. Xu Yushan was reminded once again that as long as Zhong Chi didn’t make it official, they would never had any status in this circle. So what if they have moved into the Zhong’s mansion?

Enviously, Xu Yushan stared at Zhong Yuhuan, who was flanked by her knights.

As soon as she turned her head, she saw her own brother in his formal wear. His face gloomy and expressionless. She was even more upset. Why was it that Zhong Yuhuan could train them to become so presentable but her brother was the way he was?

He was dad’s real son!

What Xu Yushan didn’t know was that every time Zhong Chi lectured him, it only rid him of more of his confidence and made him even less willing to try to blend into this circle.

Naturally, standing in the corner the way he did made him looked even worse.

It was a rare birthday party for Zhong Yuhuan. First, the second-generation rich kids who were close to her all presented her with their gifts that they brought. Then it was the older guest, most of them were old business associates of the Zhong’s or the Ding’s.

Grandpa Ding was upset at Zhong Chi, so he did not come in person, but Zhong Yuhuan already had it all planned out. She would make a trip to Yue Lan Mansion after the birthday party was over.

When the banquet hall was bustling with noises, Lang Jinzhi showed up.

Everybody knew that the Ding’s and the Zhong’s had bad blood between them since the death of Ding Ruxue and Lang Jinzhi had no contacts with the Zhong’s all, so nobody expected him to show up today.

Following behind Lang Jinzhi was his secretary, carrying a suitcase in his hand. It was obvious to everyone that Lang Jinzhi just came directly from a business trip. Everybody was baffled; they have never heard that Lang Jinzhi was close to this cousin.

Yet, regardless of what they knew or what they didn’t know, the truth was Lang Jinzhi showed up at the party.

Everybody looked at Zhong Chi and saw that his face darkened a bit, and that’s how everybody learned that Lang Jinzhi probably came for Zhong Yuhuan, not so much for Zhong Chi.

Lang Jinzhi had a gift box in his hand. Opening it up, he took out a diamond tiara and put it on Zhong Yuhuan. “Present,” he said.

Zhong Yuhuan didn’t know Lang Jinzhi would make a special trip to bring her a gift so she was quite happy as well.

“Thank you, cousin,” said Zhong Yuhuan as she lifted her hand and touched the tiara.

“Why don’t you go get some rest first, cousin. Come join us for dinner at Yue Lan Mansion at night?” said Zhong Yuhuan immediately.

Lang Jinzhi was quite tired so he nodded. Without greeting anyone else, he left quickly.

Naturally, after he was gone, everybody came up and said nice things to Zhong Yuhuan.

The banquet lasted till that afternoon.

Zhong Yuhuan had received quite a bit of presents. She immediately gave Secretary Cheng a call and had him help her in picking them up and storing them away.

Otherwise, once she was gone, guess who they’d all go to? With the way Xu Yushan was, she just might take all of them.

Zhong Chi had the hotel prepare a banquet for the family.

Zhong Yuhuan really stood out, especially the way she was flanked. It had made Zhong Chi looked good.

She was, after all, his daughter. When she made him looked good, he didn’t mind being nice to her in return.