35 - epilogue,

Precisely eight months after everything had occurred, everyone went their separate ways. Mid had decided that it was best to live a regular life; he had enough money put away that he would be able to flip and use for investments. The workers that he had under him ended up working for Junior—Mid's good friend.

Like everyone else, Mid didn't feel safe in his line of work anymore—not that he did to begin with. However, he was losing sleep, worrying that the next person was trying to end his life.

It took a while for Mid to get back the peace of mind he had before being handed down the empire. Even though the crew was no longer together, Mid kept in contact with the trio to ensure they were good.

He did respect how his friends were on go for him—however, after the events that had taken place, he noticed a recurring issue within his circle. It seemed like he was the one that carried most of the weight whenever it came to handling missions. Despite his dislike for her now, Lotus was the only one who helped pulled weight—and was on his level.

While Santos moved away to another city that was an hour away, Gotti and Tiny kept strong in their relationship, deciding to move in together. Mid was happy for his friends; he felt they all deserved peace after the year they had.

They hadn't seen each other in a few months and decided to link up to catch up on each other's lives.

Mid pulled up to the restaurant that Tiny texted him the address to and killed the engine. He locked the doors and walked inside of the building, the cool air hitting his skin. He approached the front desk, letting the hostess know that he was meeting with friends.

They walked towards the middle of the restaurant where Santos, Tiny, and Gotti were already seated, sharing a few laughs. Their laughter soon died down once they saw Mid approaching their table.

"What's good, my boy?" Gotti grinned, getting up, slapping hands with him. Mid proceeded to do the same with Santos and lastly greet Tiny with a hug.

He got seated and slid his keys into his pocket. "Look at the lovebirds, glowing and shit. Y'all too cute fa' me." Mid teased them, causing Tiny to blush as Gotti sported a smirk, resting his hand on her thigh.

"There's a reason for that glow," Santos hinted, raising his eyebrows as he took a sip from his water. Mid stared at him with a confused expression before looking over at the couple.

He saw as they stared back at him with goofy smiles on their faces. Tiny tucked her lips and started to point at her stomach with both of her hands. Mid leaned back in his chair, gawking at them in shock. "Whaaaat?" Mid started chuckling as Gotti nodded his head in confirmation. "Well shit, congratulations. I'm happy for y'all; no wonder y'all wanted to move in together."

"Everybody having babies and shit, I needa go head and have me some li'l Javiers." Santos joked, causing them to start laughing.

"When did y'all find out?" Mid questioned them, looking through the menu the hostess had set down before walking off.

"A couple of weeks ago," Tiny told him, gently pressing her hand against her stomach.

"That's what's up; make sure y'all invite uncle Teddy to your baby shower." he grinned as Gotti shook his head, trying not to laugh.

"So what's been new with you? Are you excited to meet your baby girl?" Santos asked him, closing the menu after deciding what to get.

"Hell yeah, at the same time, though, I'm nervous. I'm new to all this shit," Mid softly sighed, resting his hand on the table as he leaned back.

Gotti nodded his head in agreement, sitting his drink back on the table. "I feel you, bruh, but you already have a slight idea of what it's like to raise someone. You may not notice it, but you have a father figure aura," he said.