💖Anxious Renjun X NCT Dream

Request by: dotorii23

Nct dream were finally allowed to perform again, the original 7 members all coming back together for a new album. COVID-19 19 was still a major issue but was being handled as well as it could be. The dreamies were excited to finally be allowed to travel again and perform in front of actual human beings. They all found out that before they could leave, they all had to test negative for COVID-19 19. Their manager made them an appointment to get the test done and once they were all clear they could travel.

It was the day of their tests and the boys all got up fairly early to get to the clinic on time. Everyone seemed okay with getting the test done except for renjun. Ever since they were told they had to get swabbed, renjun had been acting super weird. He left dinner early and hid away in his room the entire night without really speaking to anyone.

On their way to the van, renjun dragged his feet trying to delay himself as much as possible. Mark ran up to him placing a gentle hand on his shoulder.

"renjunnie? Are you alright?"

Renjun plastered on a smile and nodded continuing to walk to the van. Mark grabbed his arm and pulled him back to face him.

"junnie, you're lying. Something is clearly bothering you; can't you talk to me about it?"

Renjun felt nervous, his palms becoming sweaty. "I'm okay hyung..."

Mark kept his grip on renjun's arm.

"renjun-ah."

Renjun swallowed hard realizing he wasn't going to win this fight. He sighed deeply and closed his eyes to avoid any embarrassment.

"I'm afraid hyung..." he softly admitted avoiding mark's eyes.

Mark stepped closer to him and placed both hands on renjun's shoulders.

"afraid of what junnie?" mark asked softly.

"the... the test..." renjun looked down ashamed of himself. He felt mark rub his hands across his shoulder softly.

"awe, renjun-ah, you have nothing to be afraid of. I promise you it's not that bad and it'll be over before you know it." Mark said gently looking into renjun's eyes.

Renjun didn't say anything, he just stared at the sidewalk.

"come on junnie, I'll be right next to you the whole time. It'll be okay, I promise."

Renjun nodded slightly at mark and followed him into the van.

They arrived at the clinic after a short ride and all piled into the small waiting room.

Renjun bounced his leg nervously as he frantically looked around at his surroundings feeling his anxiety grow within each second.

Mark sat next to him after checking in. he placed a gentle hand on renjun's thigh rubbing it softly hoping it would sooth the boy's anxiety.

A doctor came out of a door and called them in one by one starting with Haechan. Then went Jaemin, chenle, Jeno, jisung and then mark.

Renjun's panic rose as they got closer and closer to calling his name. Mark had just come back in after his test and saw renjun in evident distress. He was clutching the sides of he seat extremely tight, his hands trembling slightly, his eyes were shut tight and his breathing was quick and shallow.

Mark rushed to his side and took his hands into his.

"renjunnie? Calm down renjun-ah, it's okay, I'm right here, just breathe okay?" mark spoke softly as the others came to check on renjun.

"what's wrong with renjun hyung?" jisung asked worried for the older.

"he's afraid of the swab test jisung-ah." Haechan chimed in while mark continued to coach renjun through some deep breathing exercises.

"awe, hey renjun-ah, it's not that bad, it only lasts like five seconds and then it's over, don't be afraid." Jisung tried to reassure the panicking boy.

"Huang Renjun?" a nurse said from the pale gray door which made renjun's heart stop.

His eyes went wide, and he looked at mark with begging eyes.

"please hyung, don't make me do it." Renjun whispered to mark with glossy eyes.

Mark ran his hand through renjun's hair.

"calm down junnie, I'll go with you okay?" mark said as he forced renjun to stand up. he wrapped an arm around renjun's waist and lead him into the back room where the nurse was waiting.

"hyung, please, I don't wanna do it." Renjun continued to whisper, his panic returning as they sat him down in the chair.

Renjun saw the woman uncap the swab and he lost it. His eyes glossed with tears, his hands shaking, his breathing quickening.

Mark ran his hand through renjun's hair keeping the other hand firmly on his shoulder.

"junnie please please don't cry. I'm right here, it's not gonna hurt you I promise you. you'll be okay." Mark cooed softly trying to comfort the anxious boy.

"it's okay Renjun, it's just a little nasal swab, it's not going to hurt you, it'll just tickle a little that's all." The nurse tried to reassure the boy, but his panic was already taking over any of his rational thinking.

Just then, Haechan came to the room followed by Jeno.

"hyuck?" mark said as they entered the room.

"we figured you may need a little help getting junnie to calm down." Haechan responded as they approached renjun.

"aww junnie? Why are you crying?" Jeno said softly as he wiped renjun's cheeks with his thumb.

"I'm scared Jeno..." he said with a shaky voice.

Jeno held renjun's hands and brushed his thumb over his knuckles.

"I know you're scared junnie, but you have to do this in order to travel. Do you think you can do it just this once?" Jeno spoke softly.

Renjun sniffled. He gave a small fearful nod.

"we're all here with you junnie, it'll be okay." Mark said lacing his fingers back through renjun's hair.

The woman did a countdown from 3 before she stuck the swab into renjun's nose.

He flinched at the feeling squeezing his eyes shut and squirming in his seat. After five seconds she removed the swab and placed it in a small zip top bag.

"you did great renjun, we'll have your results in two days." The woman smiled at renjun before she walked away to take care of the swab.

Renjun took a breath of relief and opened his eyes being met with the others smiling warmly at him.

"you did so well renjunnie! I'm so proud of you!" Jeno said giving him a tight hug.

Renjun felt embarrassed. The swab hadn't been as bad as he thought, and he felt kind of silly for freaking out like he did.

"what's the matter junnie?" mark said.

"nothing... just, I feel really stupid for acting like that... I'm really sorry for acting like a baby..."

"hey, renjun don't apologize! It's okay junnie, we all are afraid of things there's nothing o be embarrassed about." Haechan said rubbing renjun's arm.

"thank you, guys... for being here with me." he said with a small smile.

"aww junnie! Don't thank us, it's what we should do, why wouldn't we be with you?" mark said as he leaned over hugging renjun from behind. Haechan and Jeno joined the hug which made renjun giggle.

"okay, okay, that's enough hugging you guys!" renjun said playfully.

They broke apart and renjun stood up. they all went back to the waiting room to meet the other's and left back to the van together.

Two days later they received their results and found out they were all negative and able to travel and perform.