XXXI. THE GAME OF FREINDSHIP

THE GAME OF FRIENDSHIP!

DECEMBER 1976

6th Year

• • • •

James ran a had through his already messy hair and pushed his glasses further up his face as he and Holland sat on the floor in his living room, each of them either side of the coffee table.

The boy let out an annoyed sigh as Holland looked at him with a triumphant smile.

"Park Lane with three houses is 1,100 in Monopoly money, or whatever this currency is called." The Irish girl grinned, holding out her hand for the fake money, which James begrudgingly handed over, looking sadly at the reducing amount of money that he had left.

"You must be cheating," James stated, "There is no way that you've never played this game before and are this good, even with beginners luck."

Holland laughed, shaking her head, "Beginners luck has nothing to do with it," She told him, "And besides, I haven't cheated, I've just read about this game a lot in Muggle Studies." The girl shrugged

"What?!" James exclaimed.

"Look, just because I know that this game came out in 1935 and that it's one of the most played board game amongst Muggles in the country doesn't mean I knew how to play prior, or that I cheat." The Slytherin told the boy.

"Well it means something, and trust me, once I know what it is, I'll let you know." The Gryffindor said, pointing a finger at her, making the pair laugh.

***

"Colonel Mustard in the kitchen with the rope." Holland said with a wide grin, giving the the girl her sixth win a row.

"Damn it!" James exclaimed.

"Come on, tell me how I'm cheating." Holland told him, as they reset the game.

James shook his head, "No, I think I'll just let you sit and know that you'll never be able to beat me without cheating." He said, making the girl across from him let out a loud laugh.

"Honestly Potter, you're such a sore loser. No wonder you haven't beaten Slytherin in three years." Holland smirked at the boy.

"Trust me that'll change soon." The spectacled boy told her.

"Not if I have anything to do with it." Holland said, making James smile slightly.

"I will beat you in a game by the end of the break, by the way," The boy stated, pushing his glasses further up his nose, "If it's the last thing I do."

"I doubt that." Holland told him.

"So do I." James admitted with a chuckle, the girl joining in, before they started a new game, as Euphemia watched from the archway of the kitchen, a soft smile on the woman's face.