If I Can Love You, Why Can't You? - Chp 6 [Addicted]

It's like I can't breathe/It's like I can't see anything/Nothing but you/I'm addicted to you/It's like I can't think without you interrupting me/In my thoughts/In my dreams/You've taken over me/It's like I'm not me/It's like I'm not me~Kelly Clarkson - Addicted

"I vote for a swim." Brooke said skipping into the bathroom after breakfast as I brushed my teeth and Jackie pulled her hair up into a high ponytail.

"Not the pool though." I said making an input, I thought the idea of going to the pool was good although it was just starting spring and today was sunny with no clouds in the sky, just right. However, the local pool would be chaos, children there and frantic parents combined with other teenagers that would only stare and leer. I wanted to swim in our own private sanctuary.

"Course not; we'll go to the Lagoon."

I smiled "Exactly."

Jackie nodded as bobby pin sat in between her lips her eyes intent to make her hair fashionable, "Have to get our gear than."

I nodded my head in agreement with Jacks, "Well how about you guys go home, shower get your gear and I'll pick you guys up around lunch time eh?"

Brooke clapped her hands together in excitement, I looked down at her smiling; she was so tiny and short a cute little kid. "I'll get lunch than, I'll go for the usual, The Kebab Shop? Yeah, so pick me up from there eh Z?" she asked me.

Jacks patted her hair down, finished whilst I put away my tooth brush, finished "Okay." I said smiling, everything was looking up.

It was eleven thirty and I sat on my bed searching for my gear. I had stuffed my towel, sunscreen, and also hat into my bag. I had on my denim shorts, thongs on my feet, my black, white and silver bikini set and a white singlet over top. Letting my hair hang out  swept it behind my ears as my hunt progressed. By five to twelve I was growing frantic, I was about to give up when I finally found it. "There you are!" I exclaimed grabbing my bag and phone I hurried out the front door yelling a quick goodbye to dad over my shoulder.

Diving in the front seat of Dad's Ute I placed my iPod on the dock and selected a song. "Lucky I found you." I said patting it and smiling as I reversed. I was talking to my iPod like a mental person; maybe everything wasn't looking up as I blared a Lostprophets song, praying their heavy metal bass would drown out the anger and pain within me.

"Nice sunnies." Jack complimented me half an hour later as I had pulled up along the side of the road by the forest out o town.

"Tah." I said stuffing my iPod and keys and everything else in my bag.

Giggling we began our quest into the forest ignoring the tracks and making our own to our secret spot.

"What are you humming to?" I asked Brooke about ten minutes later, the tune catchy and familiar.

"Uh, that If I Had You, by that Adam Lambert dude guy." She shrugged.

Jacks gasped "BUT IF I HAD YOU!" She screamed the lyrics at the top of her lungs. Brookes and I shared a look before joining in "THAT WOULD BE THE ONLY THING I WOULD EVER NEED! YEAH IF I HAD YOU THEN MONEY, FAME, AND FORTUNE NEVER COULD COMPLETE! IF I HAD YOU LIFE WOULD BE A PARTY, IT'D BE LIKE ECSTASY! IF I HAD YOU!"  We made our way through the forest singing at the top of our lungs laughing like crazy all without the music.

Both turned to me, my queue to take on the part; "THE FLASHING OF LIGHTS IT MIGHT FEEL SO GOOD! BUT I'VE GOT YOU STUCK ON MY MIND! YEAH! THE FASHION AND THE STAGE IT MIGHT GET ME HIGH BUT IT DON'T MEAN A THING TONIGHT!"