6

Blayke's POV

I stood there, staring at the table for a moment. Why did this have to happen to me? I played it off, acting like I didn't see anything and walked to the front counter. I hated coffee, really. I only drank it to wake myself up.

But this sweet guy asked me to lunch and I couldn't be rude, so I ordered a plain coffee with extra cream and sugar. The least it resembled that strong taste, the better, I got my card out to pay, I didn't expect for Matthew to pay, but he stepped up and told the barista to put me on his tab.

"Are you sure, I can get it." I offered, only to get denied.

"No, it's my pleasure. It was my idea." He smiled and I couldn't help but stare. His smile had no flaws, it was perfect.

No, I couldn't look at him. I was already living my own struggles with Harry. I didn't need to bring another man into the equation, when I myself was unstable.

When our coffees were done, and Matthew got his warm muffin we sat down at a table that couldn't be seen by Harry's table.

I think Matthew noticed my silence, but since he didn't know me yet, he just let it be for a while.

"Hey you wanna see a magic trick?" He blurted out in the middle of us just sitting there. I didn't know how to react, a confused expression on my face.

He proceeded to pull out a 20 dollar bill and a pen. "What are you doing?" I asked, kind of amused that this stranger had such confidence.

"Watch this. So I have a pen and a twenty dollar bill, so what I am going to do is I'm going to stick this pen through good old President Jackson's eye." As I continue to stare confused it appears that he stabs the pen through the paper material. "So now I have a hole in the money right?" He asks

I nod along and voice "right." Thinking that he has ruined his money.

"Wrong," he smiles as he pulled the pen down the paper, seeming like he might be ripping this money in half, eventually the pen comes out longways and the money is left unharmed.

"Oh my gosh, that's the coolest thing I've ever seen." I look over to see Emma Reese clapping and Harry standing behind her.

I smile at her look back to Matthew as he starts to laugh. "Thank you, I'm a magician in my spare time."

I know this conversation with the two people who are oblivious to mine and Harry's faults is over and I can practically feel Harry burning holes in the side of my face.

"Hi, I'm Matthew," Matthew speaks up, unaware that he is probably making things worse.

"Hey Matthew. I'm Harry, this is my daughter Emma. Hi Blayke. How've you been? See you wasted no time moving on," Harry spits out and before I know it he is gone with Emma in tow.

My mouth is hung open, he did not just say that to me. He has no right to do that. He is dating someone else, he never had me to begin with. Why would he say that to me?

Matthew is sitting there, confused and the only thing I know to do is to leave.

"Um, thank you so much for this coffee break. I'm going to be late getting back to the library. It was nice meeting you. Uh- I need to go."

I quickly got up, throwing my trash away and walking swiftly down the street back to the library. Tears were now streaming down my face. How could he have said that about me?

Author's note

Uh oh