Epilogue- I Love You

*7 years later*

  (F/n) (L/n) yawned as she dragged herself up another set of stairs. 'Why does the apartment have to be this high up?' The girl thought to herself. The elevator had been out of service for a few weeks now and the climb up six flights of stairs hadn't gotten any easier.

(Y/n) had had a long day at work. Don't get her wrong, the girl loved what she was doing for a living, but sometimes the people she had to deal with were too much.

Stopping in front of apartment 420, (I couldn't help myself 🥲) (Y/n) took out her keys and unlocked the door.

  The moment she opened the door, (Y/n) was tackled to the ground in a giant bear hug. "(Y/n)! You're home!" The male on top of her exclaimed.

  (Y/n) laughed. "Ryu! Get off of me and let me get inside the apartment first!" The girl said, looking into her boyfriend's eyes. "Right! Sorry!"

  Tanaka placed a quick kiss on (Y/n)'s nose before standing up, putting out a hand to help the girl stand up as well. The couple walked into the apartment they shared, (Y/n) closing the door behind her and dropping her bags on the ground.

  Kicking off her shoes, the girl flopped onto the couch, opening her arms for Tanaka to come lay with her. The boy wasted no time, flopping onto the couch as well into (Y/n)'s arms. "How was your day off of work?" The girl asked.

"It was so boring without you here!" Tanaka exclaimed, dramatically rolling off the couch and standing up. "I even baked (Y/n)! BAKED!"

(Y/n) laughed. "So that's why the apartment smells so good." She said as Tanaka went into the kitchen and came back with a tray of cookies, handing one to his girlfriend.

"Holy shit Ryu these are good! I'm so glad your mom forced you and your sister to bond through baking." (Y/n) said as she remembered standing in the kitchen of the Tanaka house, watching her boyfriend and his sister fight over who got to eat the leftover cookie dough.

  Tanaka put the cookies back in the kitchen and came back into the main area to see (Y/n) standing by the door, picking up all of the stuff that she had just dropped there earlier.

  He went to help her and they both walked into the kitchen to set everything down. "I had a feeling that neither of us were going to want to cook today so i picked up a frozen pizza." (Y/n) said, pulling it out of one of the bags she had been carrying.

  After putting the pizza in the oven, (Y/n) told Tanaka that she was going to change out of her work clothes. The girl walked down the short hallway and into the bedroom that her and her boyfriend shared.

  Quickly changing into a t-shirt and a pair of sweatpants, (Y/n) examined her closet for a hoodie to put on when she got a phone call.

  "Hello?" (Y/n) said as she ripped a sweater from the closet. "WHAT DID YOU SAY?" A familiar voice yelled through the phone, making (Y/n) pull the phone away from her ear.

  "Kuroo? What are you talking about?" The girl asked, obviously confused. She turned the phone on speaker as she put on her hoodie. "I'm talking about Tana-"

  Before Kuroo could finish his sentence, he was cut off by someone putting their hand over his mouth. "Obviously if she doesn't know what you're talking about then nothing's happened yet." Kenma said over the line.

  "What are you two talking about?" (Y/n) asked as she left the room and walked down the hallway. "You can't just say this shit and then not tell me anything."

  The two boys began bickering on the other side of the call, making (Y/n) roll her eyes as she walked into the living room.

As she looked up from the ground she almost dropped her phone as her jaw dropped in shock. "Uh- I'm going to have to call you guys back." (Y/n) said as she quickly hung up the phone.

There, standing on one knee right in front of (Y/n), was her boyfriend Tanaka. In his hand was a small velvet box that held a simple, yet beautiful ring.

(Y/n) blinked a few times, not knowing what to do. "Hi?" Tanaka said awkwardly, like he didn't know what to do either.

"So, I know when it comes to you I usually do all these crazy surprises and stuff, but when I was thinking of doing.. well THIS.. I kind of came up blank other than just asking. No big gathering, none of that fancy shit. Just us." Tanaka explained as (Y/n) hesitantly stepped closer.

"(Y/n) I really love you. I never want to be with anyone other than you because you are seriously the best person I have ever met. I want you to be happy and I want to be the one to provide you with that happiness. So I was wondering, if you maybe wanted to marry me?"

"I- umm.." (Y/n) began, thinking of what to say. "So here's the thing... just.. stay right there." She said, before running down the hallway and into the bedroom, leaving a confused Tanaka.

  'I fucked up didn't I?' The boy thought to himself, feeling his heart drop slightly.

  Just then, (Y/n) ran back into the room holding something in her hands. She cleared her throat before getting down on one knee in front of Tanaka, revealing a similar velvet box with a simple silver ring inside.

  Tanaka's jaw dropped as he looked at (Y/n), who laughed. "What? You really thought I was going to let you propose? How stereotypical is that?"

  (Y/n) smiled. "Ryu, ever since I met you on my first day at Karasuno, my life was changed for the better. I've been the happiest person ever for the past seven years and I wouldn't want it any other way."

  The couple smiled at each other as tears pricked both of their eyes. "Ryu, I love you too, and I think it would be really fucking cool if we got married."

  Tanaka nodded vigorously before tackling (Y/n) with a hug. The now engaged couple laughed as they laid on the floor together.

  "Awwww!" They suddenly heard someone say. (Y/n) looked around before she spotted her phone on the floor and realized she never actually hung up on Kuroo and Kenma.

  "So you said yes! Congratulations you two! I better be the maid of honour!" Kuroo yelled through the phone.

  (Y/n) laughed. "Sorry Kuroo, but that's going to be Kiyoko! Maybe you could be a bridesmaid though." She said before hanging up.

  "So I'm assuming those two knew about the whole proposal thing?" (Y/n) asked Tanaka, who nodded slightly. "Them and... a few other people. And by a few I mean at least both Karasuno and Nekoma graduate teams."

  The couple laughed. "It's okay. I may or may not have told a few people too."

  Tanaka smiled, before pulling (Y/n) into a passionate kiss.

  "I love you." He said again, as he slipped the engagement ring onto (Y/n)'s finger.

  "I love you too." (Y/n) said, doing the same thing.

  THE END

—————————————————————————

wow okay i'm an emotional piece of shit.

huh... welp- that's the end of the book i guess

WOW IM REALLY GOING TO CRY OKAY-

thank you for reading this book. every vote, comment, and follow is what made me smile everyday, what inspired me to keep writing, and actually idk gave me a purpose (that sounds weird i know i just need to stfu)

please know this isn't the last you'll be hearing of me i just need to stop being lazy and start writing my other book 😩🤚

ANYWAYS- y'all are cool, stay cool, and i really hope you enjoyed this book

Until next time!

-Shy (remember when i called myself anne? i don't have anything against the name but it's a no for me 😃)