Chapter 23

After her potions class with Fred eyeing Elle the entire time, the class was finally over. She quickly left the classroom without Fred, still upset with his previous words. She quickly made her way to her 5th class of the day that she shared with George, charms. She walked into the classroom to see George wasn't there yet. She took her regular seat before taking her textbook out before resting her head in her hand, letting thoughts of her and Fred swarm her mind. She was so in thought that she didn't even realize George took his seat next to her.

"Elle? Hello?" George spoke to her, quickly snapping her out of her daze.

"Oh sorry, Georgie." Elle quickly told him as he sent her a semi worried glance.

"What's going on up there?" George joked, lightly poking at her head as she playfully swatted him away.

"Nothing, I'm fine. Just something Fred said earlier bugged me so I ignored him during potions." Elle sighed.

"Ah, lovebirds first fight." George teased as Elle sent him a glare. "What did he say?"

"Well, Oliver stopped us in the hall, oh by the way you are playing Hufflepuff tonight instead of Slytherin." Elle quickly told him as he sighed.

"Really? Why?" George asked.

"Malfoy got hurt."

"Serves that tosspot right. Anyways, what did Fred say?" George asked again.

"Oliver asked us if we were together and he said we were just friends." Elle explained as George once again rolled his eyes and gave her a look.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" She questioned.

"Because Fred is an idiot and so are you if you haven't realized that yet. Have you guys made it official?" He asked as she shook her head no.

"No we haven't, but I wouldn't say that he and I are just friends. I don't do anything with my other friends that Fred and I do." She told him as he let out a laugh at her statement. "Shut up George, stop laughing."

"I mean, you got a point. I wish I could make out with all my friends." George joked.

"I'll make sure to let Lee know for you then." She teased him as he playfully nudged her.

"Shut up Mackin, you know what I mean. You should talk to him. He may be dumb as a doorknob sometimes but he probably just didn't understand what to say." George told her as she nodded.

"I guess I will talk to him. Later." She responded before the class started.

//

Elle had just finished her last class of the day and all her friends were packing up to leave. Elle didn't even look at Fred the entire time.

As she stood up to leave, a hand quickly grabbed her arm. She turned to see it was Fred.

"Can we talk?" He asked her as she nodded. George, Luke, and Jackson all shared a look before excusing themselves to let the two talk. The two waited for everyone to leave the classroom as Fred leaned against the table, Elle standing between his legs.

"Are you still mad at me?" He asked.

"I'm not mad at you. I'm just confused." Elle sighed.

"Confused about what?" Fred asked, quirking his brow.

"I didn't know we were just friends." She sharply said as he nodded his head.

"Ah, that's what this is about..." Fred trailed off.

"I just don't want to waste my time if you only see me as a friend." Elle told him, crossing her arms.

"When Oliver asked that, I just didn't know what to say because I haven't been able to formally ask you to be my girlfriend." Fred told her, sporting a small but notable cocky grin on his face.