And that did wonders!

Avni Singhania

I groaned when I heard someone knocking on the door.

"Veer! Answer the door." I said patting on the side of my bed but veer wasn't there.

I opened my eyes to see the side of my bed empty.

Knock
Knock

"Arrgghh!" I got up groaning.

I opened the door to see Ruhi waiting there rubbing her eyes.
"Good morning." I wished her smiling and picking her up.

"Where is V..? I have my school today." She said to me still yawning.

"I'll drop you. Go tell grandma to get you ready." I said to her and kept her down.

She went away sleepily. Her room is just beside Veer so I can leave her to go there alone.

Veer is very protective of her. I smiled remembering how he is so diffrent with her.

Just then he came out from the shower and asked me "Who was it?"

"Ruhi. You have an early meeting, so I thought I would drop her to school." I said to him and turned away to go towards the washroom.

After my shower, I got dressed up and when I came into the room Veer was already standing there searching for something.

And I very well know what is he searching for.

I went towards his cabinet and pulled out the red file and handed him.
"What would I do without you?" He said pulling me towards him and I just chuckled at him.

Stupid!

"How about you drop Ruhi and then come to office?" He asked me keeping both his hands on my waist and pulling me more towards him.

"I've worked too much. I don't want to go back to my workaholic boss. He makes me work a lot." I said pouting.

He just laughed at me and said "Well, come to your husband then. I am told by him he misses you a lot in the office."
He said and kissed my cheek.

I was absolutely red by now.

Butterflies started their party in my stomach, I guess.

"So you do think  about me, huh?" I asked trying to hide my blush.

"In case you foolishly forget, I am never not thinking of you." He said and kissed my nose.

"What is up with you and being this romantic today?" I asked with flushed cheeks.

"Avni.." Ruhi entered the room calling me and I immediately seperated myself  from Veer.

"I am ready." She said and twirled around smiling.

Veer walked towards her and kissed her cheek.
"Don't trouble, Avni." He instructed her.

"I don't trouble her. She teaches me ways to trouble you." She said giggling and I walked towards them.

"That was supposed to be our secret." I said to her playfully narrowing my eyes.

"Yeah... Actually I should instruct you. Don't my spoil my little trouble." Veer said turning towards me and narrowing his eyes at me.

I just giggled.
"Let's go for breakfast."

We sat on the dining table when dad asked Veer
"You are again going to office this early?"