Trapped

Deku was gone. When he didn't show up to school again, Bakugo was worried that something had happened again, but when he got home, he learned it was a lot worse than anything he could have predicted. 

First of all, Deku had been arrested. That hadn't been made known to the public until he'd disappeared last night; they were calling it an escape. Second of all, the asshole that had killed Inko Midoriya had been rescued. He was sitting in his cell when purple mist surrounded him and he just disappeared. The scariest part was that Deku had disappeared the same way.

Escape? He'd been fucking kidnapped! Bakugo snarled, clenching his fist by his side. Well, know he knew why Deku hadn't wanted to be a hero anymore; he'd gotten fucking arrested for helping that girl Mina. Anyone would be bitter. Bakugo himself was reconsidering, but he couldn't give up on his goal. He'd become a hero no matter what stupid rules they made.

He had ten months before he would be a full time hero student at U.A., after he passed the entrance exam. Those months would be spent training his ass off, and—fuck needing a license—trying his damn best to find out what the fuck happened to Deku.

*                 *                *

Mina was unresponsive. She stared at the T.V. in shock; what she was seeing couldn't be real, could it? Izuku Midoriya, the boy that had lost his mother saving her life, had gotten arrested for vigilantism and then kidnapped from the detention center by villains. 

Her parents told her it wasn't her fault. She believed them, to an extent. She didn't choose to be targeted. But she had been, and she'd been completely helpless. She would have died if Izuku and his mother hadn't saved her. But, because they saved her, Inko Midoriya was dead, Izuku had gotten arrested, and now he'd been abducted by the same villain that rescued Kurata.

The police were framing it as an escape of an inmate convicted of assault and vigilantism, which just made everything worse. The villain had been right; somehow, by saving her, Izuku had broken the law. She hadn't even known! She owed him her life, and she hadn't even cared enough to find out he'd been arrested for what he'd done for her.

She was angry. At herself, mostly, but also at the world. At the society that thought it was fair to arrest people for saving lives. He'd just lost his mother! She wondered bitterly if she even wanted to be a hero anymore.

"I think you have a really bright future as a hero," Izuku told her. "My mom did too. Be a great one for us, okay?"

Mina took a deep breath, and then another, her eyes closed as she tried to get a hold of herself. She would do it. She would get into U.A. and become a hero, and she'd help save Izuku from whatever villains had taken him. Maybe it would make up for at least part of the trouble she'd caused him.

*                *                *

"Impressive. I would have thought he'd be a Nomu by now, but he's accepted every quirk I've given him without breaking. This last step will be more risky, though..."

"He's the perfect spy, don't you think? All Might is teaching at U.A. too. With all these quirks, he'll get in no problem..."

"...easily controlled. He has a strong will, but no one can resist that combination of brainwashing quirks..."

"Why, Tomura, you haven't grown a soft spot for him, have you? You know he's just a tool..."

"And that puts him in the same boat as us, doesn't it?"

Midoriya gasped as he sat up, an old bed creaking beneath him. Random bits and pieces of memories floated through his head, frustratingly out of reach. How long had he been with the League of Villains? His sense of time was as foggy as his memories, but judging by the familiarity of his surroundings, it had been a while. Weeks? Months? Not years, he was relatively certain.