Chapter 5 (A) - Friends

Published on 13.03.2021

A U T H O R

Mornings are strange. There are some days when you don't even feeling like getting out of your bed while there are days when you feel energized and want to make the most out of it. It was the latter for Aarohi today.

She stretched her arms yawning before laying down on the bed again idly staring at the ceiling with a smile. Yes, things aren't happening the way she wants, there are issues which she's still dealing with, she still needs to come in terms with certain things but that doesn't mean she spends her present thinking about the troubles and crying over them. At the end, nobody but you'll suffer. So try to make the most of the present till you can. And that's exactly what she's going to do. She'll go with the flow.

She got up and headed to the washroom. It was still quite early and Kiara was still sleeping so she thought of taking a jog in the park. It always helped. Working out in any form be it skipping, jogging or doing yoga in the living room made her feel good about herself. After all, she's taking care of her body, of herself. She came back after half an hour and found Kiara sweeping the house.

"I'll make the breakfast after taking a shower." She went to the kitchen to grab herself a bottle of water.

Hearing this, Kiara stilled and the broom fell out of her hand.

"You're gonna make breakfast? Making breakfast as in you're going to cook?" She asked accusingly unable to believe her ears making Aarohi roll her eyes.

"Yes." She smiled sweetly and curtsied in response making her way to the bathroom without waiting for Kiara's reply.

Aarohi made poha and tea and made her way to the table. Kiara was reading newspaper in the meantime.

Kiara took in the delicious aroma before closing her eyes in bliss. "Poha and chai. This is heaven."

Aarohi chuckled. "Don't get used to it. I just felt like doing it."

"I won't. And anyways you're going to get married in less than two weeks." She said casually and they both stilled when the reality hit them.

Two weeks actually not even complete two weeks and they won't be together. Aarohi would've to leave her friend, this apartment everything. Surely she knew that a day will come when they'll have to part ways. Kiara and her boyfriend had decided to get married in a year or two. But never in her wildest dreams, she had thought that it'll be so soon. She looked towards Kiara who was still looking at Aarohi. Her lips slightly parted and her head was slightly angled to a side while her eyes were almost welled up.

Not wanting to get emotional, she changed the topic grabbing a spoonful of poha and shoving into her mouth. "By the way, Vihaan had texted me. He has asked me to meet him in the evening. Said he wanted to discuss few things which I also want to and also a friend of his wants to meet me."

"Oh that's great. Enjoy." She replied in a low voice.

"Oh no. Wait. The point is you're coming with me."

Kiara looked towards her. "Don't you think you should first ask him if it's fine if I tag along?"

Aarohi shrugged. "Why should I ask? His friend wants to meet me. So it's okay if I bring my friend. I can say she wanted to meet you."