21.

::

"How did I not notice this?" Mina wondered out loud as she watched the episode of Going Seventeen together with Hoshi. He'd danced a full verse right behind her back and she hadn't noticed even once!

 He'd danced a full verse right behind her back and she hadn't noticed even once!

Soonyoung watched adoringly at how immersed his girlfriend was in the video. She laughed along with the members in the video that had recorded their reactions to Hoshi's attempt of slipping an album with a picture of him in Mina's bag, slightly proud of his own hard work. Despite the circumstances between Mina and him then, the edited episode was hilarious. Hoshi looked silly on the screen trying to complete the insane missions and Mina came off an innocent cute creature that knew neither the head or tail of the situation.

Kissing Mina's forehead, Hoshi smiled as she snuggled closer, looking up at him, "Did I come off too stupid?"

Hoshi laughed, "Not that much." He put an arm around her shoulders.

To which Mina gasped, "That means I did come off stupid!" She seemed a little taken aback by his response, having expected a compliment instead.

Hoshi struggled, "Just a little, tiny bit. Like the way Coups-hyung commented, the innocent type?" He hoped his answer would work.

Instead, it did the opposite. "So, you do think I'm stupid." She crossed her hands, pouting. Turning away, Mina watched Hoshi panic, trying to put together an answer that would please her. Mina laughed, "I'm just teasing, Soonyoung-ah. I may have not recognised you when I first met you but I'm certainly not foolish enough to get upset over something so trivial."

Looking him in the eye, she smiled, "Please continue being honest with me. Even if the situation isn't favourable, I'll be reassured knowing you have my back."

This time, the answer was easy. Soonyoung did not hesitate even once as he promised, "Of course."

::

::

"You're leaving?" Min Seuk was dazed at the sight of the empty office he had arrived to, with a bouquet of flowers in hand. Mina was packing her things in a cardboard box, placing her books inside as he approached her.

Mina looked at him with a frown, "Not yet." She loathed seeing the man at work but it really wasn't possible for work colleagues to avoid bumping into each other at work. "I'll be working with a few other departments as a co-director for a while."

What was worse though was that this cowardly man, who ran away at the slightest stretch of her voice, came back consistently with something new to gift. Min Seuk was the type to pester and stalk his lovers until they gave in. Only, he didn't seem to know that she was taken.

Mina took one look at the fresh primroses in his hand and spoke harshly, "If these are for me, I'm not going to accept them."

"I'm your superior, Mina-yah." He tried to assert his authority using his position.

Mina glared, "Act like one then. Since, when do Directors give their employees fresh flowers with heart cards?" Scoffing, Mina picked her box, beginning to walk away. Turning slightly, she added, "Don't you drop honorifics either. My boyfriend hates disrespectful people."

Leaving then, Mina failed to see how the card and flowers were found crumpled along with a few broken desks the next morning

Leaving then, Mina failed to see how the card and flowers were found crumpled along with a few broken desks the next morning. Mina had only been proud of what she'd done.

::

Mina had been packing up after a hard day at work when her phone blew with multiple calls and texts at the same time. The day had been exhausting with her team dissolving for their different projects and Mina working on several small projects like covering the behind the scenes of a drama set and so on all by herself. With the moon already visible in the sky, covered in the mist of remaining yellow embers after sunset, Mina checked her phone.

It was Soonyoung.

Picking it up immediately, Mina had pulled the phone to her ear before even realising it. She was excited to talk to her boyfriend after all. With luck, if Hoshi didn't have any schedule or practice, they could meet up. Excited at the possibility, Mina giddily answered, "Soonyoung-ah, what is-"

"Mina, baby," Hoshi spoke sounding extremely serious, "Where are you right now?"

Mina's eyebrows dipped in confusion, "At the office, why?" She heard some shuffling on the other end, the revving up of a car and the sharp turn of wheels

Mina's eyebrows dipped in confusion, "At the office, why?" She heard some shuffling on the other end, the revving up of a car and the sharp turn of wheels. Mina grew worried, "Soonyoung, Is everything alright? What's going on?!"

"Mina, listen to me very carefully. Turn off the internet on your phone and don't pick up anyone's calls other than mine. Don't talk to anyone, don't listen to anyone. Stay away from the news. Go to basement number 3 for VIPs and stay there. I'm coming to pick you up." After one rushed message, Soonyoung cut the call, confusing Mina more than ever.

To the empty walls around, Mina wondered out loud, "What's going on?"

::