Chapter 4

I sat inbetween Olivia and Leyton at the dinner table. Leyton introduced me to everyone which consisted of Brianna the chef, Charlotte who I already knew, Keegan his personal driver and a guy named Logan who was the head of security but according to Leyton I might not see him around very much, I guess he stays pretty much locked in the security room or something.

Everyone was nice and made sure to make me feel comfortable. No one asked about the reason to why I was at the street late at night or to why I had no home, I guess it was all to make me comfortable since they could probably tell that I was still a little uncomfortable around them.

And cute little Olivia would smile and talk to me about random things, whether it was about whether I liked playing with dolls to telling me that my hair was pretty. She was a breath of fresh air.

Everyone looked at Olivia in shock when she pulled me to sit by her meaning that this wasn't something that she did much.

After dinner I complimented and thanked Brianna for the delicious meal, and then everyone went their separate ways after they had offered to help me with whatever I needed.

"Alright I'm going to go back to my office, I have more work to take care of." Leyton said with a sigh of exhaustion.

"Again? But you said you would play with me after dinner." Olivia said with a look of disappointment and sadness.

"I'm sorry Sweetheart, I have to go and deal with some things, but I'll make sure to see you before you go to bed, okay?" He asked looking guilty, but I guess for him to leave meant that this couldn't be helped.

"Okay." Olivia responded with a sad smile, which just pulled at my heart strings.

"How about we go and play for a little bit Liv." I suggested to try and cheer her up. Even though I felt tired myself I definitely felt better than earlier plus I didn't like to see Olivia sad.

"Will you?" She asked her eyes brightening up with hope.

"Yep, just for a little while though, is that fair?" I asked her and watched as she enthusiastically nodded. "Okay then let's go and play." I said with as much enthusiasm as I could give at my current state.

"Let's go and play, see you later Daddy." She said as she skipped to her room.

"She must really like you, Olivia can be very shy when around people. She could literally let you have a one sided conversation as you try to talk to her especially if she doesn't like you." Leyton explained with his hand pocketed deep into his pockets.

"Really?" I asked slightly surprised, she was so energetic and happy, it would have been difficult to figure it out, but I was similar to her, according to my Mom I was a shy, but energetic and happy child.

Leyton nodded in response.

"Sky." Olivia whined as she came back to probably fetch me. "Let's go." She said tugging on my hand and pulling me towards her room, making me giggle only to cause a cough to rack through my body.

"Are you sick?" She asked as her little eyes filled with worry.

"Just a little." I said while making an illustration with my fingers.

"You should go to bed and sleep, Daddy says that you must get enough rest if you're sick. We'll play some other day." She suggested with a smile of encouragement that just made me swoon inside, this was such a selfless and sweet little girl.

"Are you sure? We could play for a minute or two." I responded.

"I'm sure, I'll sit with you until you fall asleep if you want." She suggested looking at me with her big innocent eyes.