Chapter 5

Skylin's POV

"Rise and shine, sleeping beauty." Was the first thing that I heard before I heard the sound of curtains being pulled open. I felt the light penetrate through my closed eyelids, the brightness of the sun forcing me to open my still tired eyes.

"It's too early." I said pulling the cover over my head just for Charlotte to pull it right off of my body with a smirk on her face.

"You seem to be feeling better." She said placing her hand on my forehead to check whether it was hot or not. "Your fever has definitely gone down." She continued looking at me with a look of satisfaction and relief.

"Yep, I feel absolutely okay today." I said getting off the bed and stretching the lasts bits of sleep off of my body.

"You're definitely better." Charlotte said with a nod of approval and her smile of gold.

"I honestly cannot thank you enough for all the help that you've given me." I said to Charlotte with a smile of gratitude.

"You're very welcome Dear. I'm just glad to see you are doing well. Breakfast is ready, you should come done when you're done freshening up." Charlotte said with her motherly smile before she exited the room and probably made her way to the dining room.

I quickly took a shower and applied my strawberry scented lotion which by the looks of things would be running out soon. I then changed into my last good pair of sweatpants with its matching sweater and finished the outfit with my sneakers. 

I quickly fixed my bed and placed my dirty PJs into the laundry basket which was located at the corner of the bedroom.

I descended the stairs and made my way to the dining room, since Leyton had given me a tour of the house yesterday I knew my way around it, actually I could still get lost but not as much as before. 

"Good morning everyone, the food smells great." I said as I took a seat on one of the chairs.

"Good morning." They all chorused. I then noticed that the only people that were in the dining room were Brianna, Keegan and Charlotte.

"Aren't Leyton and Olivia coming to join us for breakfast?" I asked looking at everyone in confusion.

"Leyton is at work, he left at around 07:15 and Olivia is at Kindergarten. She'll only be home at 15:00 which is after her dance classes." Charlotte explained. "During the day it's normally just us. Leyton decided to work from home yesterday, probably because he wanted to make sure that you were okay." She continued as she dished up some bacon.

"I guess that makes sense, is the anyway that I can help today?" I asked wanting to contribute.

"You could come and help me prepare lunch and dinner if you'd like." Suggested Brianna with an encouraging smile. "The extra pair of hands are always appreciated." She continued.

"Rebecca and Rhonda will be back in a minute so they will help me with the cleaning." Charlotte said seeming to be in thought.

"Who are Rebecca and Rhonda?" I asked in confusion.

"They are Charlotte's helpers basically, they only work here either 3 or 4 times a week depending on the amount of the work that has to be done." Explained Brianna.

"Ohhhh, I don't mind helping you wherever I can Charlotte." I said offering my assistance. While I was here I wanted to help and contribute somewhere. 

"You could accompany Keegan to go and pick up Olivia in the afternoon, I'm sure that she'll be happy to see you." Suggested Charlotte.

"I think that I'll do that." I said liking the idea, believe me or not I already loved that little girl so I didn't mind.