Chapter 15

Skylin's POV

It's been a little over a month ever since Leyton and I have confessed about our feelings for each other. He mostly stayed in bed for the first week in order to rest while his father helped in pushing the business. Besides all that it's been going well between the two of us, there are days that I find him looking at me with a strange look as if he wants to tell me something.

Leyton's parents left after about a week of my return, but even then Leyton's father still helped with running some parts of the business. His mother had a concerned look on her face and asked me to look after her son. I understood her concerns especially since I knew that something like this had already happened in the past.

Olivia went back to kindergarten about 2 weeks ago, so I was back to picking her up from school. She never failed to show me how happy she was, but lately she's been expressing her happiness even more than before, going as far as to hug me whenever she saw me, which wasn't much of a problem for me. 

There were a couple of months left before the end of the year, and tonight Leyton was taking me out on our first date so seeing as I had no outfit I decided that I would like to go shopping, plus I now had my own salary so I wouldn't have to spend Leyton's money.

I made my way downstairs and to the playroom, where I was sure I would find Olivia. When I got to the room I saw Olivia who sat in a cute couch shapped beanbag as she watched Shimmer and Shine.

"Livvy." I called out as I entered the room. I watched as she diverted her attention from the TV screen and turned around to face me.

"I'm going shopping so I wanted to ask whether you'd like to come with me or not." I said as I got down to Olivia's level. I watched as excitement bubbled in her eyes as she nodded enthusiastically.

"Okay let's go and change our clothes then we can go." I said standing up as she also climbed off the couch and made her way to the exit, the TV already forgotten. I switched off the TV and then exited the playroom and made my way to Olivia's room to help her pick out her clothes.

Today instead of going with Olivia, Keegan and Charlotte, I only went with Olivia and Keegan, but Charlotte made sure to stick Leyton's card in my bag somehow. 

When we got to the mall I went to a boutique to get myself a fancy dress, seeing as Leyton said that we would be dining fancy today. While I was still shopping I noticed Melissa standing outside a shop by herself with her phone in her hand. I internally smirked knowing that Keegan would be happy to see his love. I looked at him from the corner of my eye and sure enough, he looked happy. His eyes were dancing with adoration and he had a small smile on his face, one that he couldn't hide.

I gently pushed him with my elbow in order to get his attention and when I did he looked at me with frown. 'Go talk to her.' I mouthed just as Melissa lifted her face just in time to spot us. 

"Hey Sky, hey Livvy." She greeted and Livvy and I returned her greeting. I watched as she shyly greeted Keegan. Yep they were definitely a thing and there was no way that I was going to hold their candle.

"Livvy and I will be going into this shop." I said pointing to a boutique that sold cute outfits for kids. "Let's go Livvy." I said to Olivia who nodded and knotted our fingers together.

Livvy and I shopped with Melissa and Keegan a couple feet behind us, after the person that Melissa had accompanied her finished at the store that we found her at, and as per Melissa's orders she left without Melissa meaning that we would be dropping Melissa off at home, not that I minded or anything and neither did Keegan.

"Do you want this one or this one?" I asked Olivia as I held two necklaces up for her. "She enthusiastically picked between the necklaces and then we looked for a necklace for me. After necklace shopping we went to the food court and decided to go to the McDonald's that was located inside the mall. I got Olivia and I a table and then Keegan got a table for himself and Melissa at the restaurant next door after he sternly told me to call if anything seemed off during the time that he couldn't see us. I nodded and then told me to go before he burnt Olivia and I with his and Melissa's candle which made him blush.