Chapter 18

It's been a month ever since the Macey incident. Macey did show up again shocking us all. She said that she wanted to see Olivia so we let her. Olivia basically told her that she didn't care that Macey was her Mom because I was her only mommy and Macey hasn't come back ever since. Things have been peaceful around us and Leyton decided that for the next two days it would be just be the three of us, our bonding time.

"I'll see you in two days." I said to Charlotte as I waved her off.

"See you then Dear." She said waving at me as she got into the car that would take her home.

"Alright so it's already 18:45 so what would you ladies like to do for the rest of the night?" Leyton asked as he wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Well how about we make some sugar cookies Daddy?" Olivia asked her father with pleading eyes. "Mommy has never tasted them before." She continued with excitement, already knowing that her father would agree.

"Alright let's go and make some cookies." Leyton said as he made his way to the kitchen and that frightened me big time because I have never seen Leyton cooking or baking and I definitely didn't want any food poisoning.

"You know my Love, you don't have to make them." I hurriedly said trying to stop Leyton from making a possible problem.

"It's no problem, I haven't made them in a while." Leyton said seeming enthusiastic about making them. "Don't worry Baby, I won't cause you any food poisoning or anything of that sorts. My mother made sure that I knew how to cook and bake, and dare I say that I'm quite good in it." He said with a cocky smirk.

I smiled a nervous smile in reply, not wanting to hurt his feelings, besides maybe he could bake and he wouldn't burn down the kitchen.

I sat in the kitchen and watched as Leyton made the cookies. He was actually very neat and from everything that I saw him add onto the dough, I felt safer.

Leyton placed the cookies into the oven and waited for them to bake.

"Daddy, are the cookies ready?" Olivia asked in anticipation.

"I just put them in the oven Sweetheart so no, we still have to wait for some time." He said smiling in amusement at the impatient little girl.

"Okay." She said in disappointment as she dragged herself out of the room and back to the sitting room to probably watch Shimmer and Shine or Dora the explorer.

"She definitely seems to love your cookies." I said amused at the little girl's retreating form.

"I have a feeling that you will like them too." He said with visible confidence, well if he was this confident about them, I had high expectations.

"I'm excited to try them then." I replied laying my head on my palms. I lazily watched as he leaned over and pecked my lips. "What was that for?" I curiously asked.

"Can't a guy just kiss his girlfriend?" He asked laughing at my expression.

"Of course you can." I said moving around the island and wrapping my arms around Leyton's waist. "You know I only started noticing recently how tall you actually are." I said laying my head on his back.

"I am 6'3 tall my Love." He said with amusement dancing in his eyes.

"Which is a whole foot taller than me." I mumbled against his shirt clad back.

"If you put it that way then I am pretty tall compared to you, but I wouldn't change your shortness even if I was given the chance to." He said.

"Cheesy. " I replied letting go of him and going back to my seat.