Chapter Fifteen

Since Fukurodani and Aoba Johsai were playing first, your team hung out on the side lines by you. Kei was able to give them the advice you had shared with him while practicing and they were able to win a set against both opposing teams that afternoon. After dinner, you were able to go for a jog, while Kiyoko and Yachi decided to join you.

"I've been thinking, Y/N. It's a lot easier for you to talk using sign language, right? Would you be willing to teach us?" Kiyoko asked.

"Yeah, because then we can understand and talk to you better, and you seem to prefer it over your notebook" Yachi added.

You stopped in your tracks. They wanted to learn sign language for you? You were thrilled! The girls noticed you had stopped and looked back to see if you were okay. Instead you just run up to them and pull them into a group hug, giggling.

"I'm guessing that's a yes?" Yachi asked, and you nodded you head enthusiastically. You three finished your jog and returned to your room.

You had taught them the whole alphabet before there was a knock on the door. You opened it to see your brother. "I figured you were coming to practice a little. Is everything okay?"

You nod and practically drag him into the room. You signal to the girls and they start reciting the alphabet and signing along with it. Your brother was surprised.

I see you have made some great friends. I'm so proud and happy for you! he signs. You give him a hug, thanking him.

You write down in your notebook. "I can teach you more later, but you should let that much settle in your heads first. I am going to practice with Kei for a little bit, ok?" They nod and tell you to have fun.

Your all but push your brother out the door and towards the gym where Hinata and Kageyama were practicing their spikes. After changing, you have Kei approach them, telling him to be nice.

"Mind if we practice on the other side of the net? Y/N likes to set to me from time to time, but she feels bad if we hog the net on everyone else."

"Of course! We don't mind, right Bakayama?"

"Yeah, sure. If it's Y/N, I don't mind."

You signal to Kei to tell him how you plan to set it and he nods. He passes the ball to you and runs after it, you set the ball in his direction and he spikes it over the net with more precision then the other two had ever seen.

They immediately turn and ask you what you did. You shrug, not sure how to put it in words for your brother to explain.

"Can we switch it up? I wanna try letting Y/N set to me!" Hinata asked, and you looked and the other boys who didn't seem to care. You nod and Hinata jumps into place. You nod to him and he passes the ball just as your brother had before, only Hinata was much faster. You had watched the games so you were already aware of his jumping power and speed before, though up close it was definitely something else.

You take a deep breath as you adjust to the small ginger and set the ball. He slams it down on the other side of the net and lands, looking at his hand in disbelief. You walk over to him, making sure he didn't get hurt, and he smiles. You swore you could see sparkles around his face and in his eyes. Did you break him?

"That was so BWAHH! It was like FWOOSH! And then I hit it like BAM! And now, my hand feels like GWEE! SO COOL!!!" Yup. You definitely broke him.

"Boke Hinata! Boke! I can set it to you the same way!"

You just had to brake him again, didn't you. You broke him so bad he can't even speak proper Japanese now! Kei said sarcastically.

What do I do? Is there a way to bring him back?

I'm afraid not. He just gets like this, let him live out this moment of stupidity and-

Kei! Be nice! He's still your teammate, you don't need to be rude!

He sighed. "Fine." You smile as you went back to practicing, you and Kageyama switching every few tosses until you all went to bed, exhausted.